• Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Power Elite Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 2 000 000 - 4 999 999 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
ThemeFusion says

I hope a way to reply and flag ratings can be added in the next update to the review system.

299 posts PremiumLayers.com
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
PremiumLayers says

I hope a way to reply and flag ratings can be added in the next update to the review system.

This would be perfect

+1

1674 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says

I would suggest a way to block/delete/ban ratings with reviews such as “poor support” and immediately redirect such buyers to Item Support Terms.

181 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
HellasDesign says

Hey guys. I really like the new feature. However, I have a question:

Next to the item’s name it says “anonymous” (e.g. anonymous on ##### – Responsive Joomla Template). Will you change that to buyer’s name for old ratings or it will stay “anonymous”?

206 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Argentina
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
SurStudio says

I would suggest a way to block/delete/ban ratings with reviews such as “poor support” and immediately redirect such buyers to Item Support Terms.

+1

248 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
Patchesoft says

Hey guys. I really like the new feature. However, I have a question: Next to the item’s name it says “anonymous” (e.g. anonymous on ##### – Responsive Joomla Template). Will you change that to buyer’s name for old ratings or it will stay “anonymous”?

I think that is there to stop us hassling buyers

21 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
in4fun says

2 thumbs down but great news for envato share holders – now even the really bad scripts will produce more sales.

Well, let me give you a buyers perspective. I buy a lot and if a script is full of errors then I’d like to express my opinion without the need to justify myself. If a script receives lots of 1-star ratings then there is most likely a reason for that – I’m not talking about a few disappointed newbies who don’t understand that not everything is a wordpress-plugin and buying a theme doesn’t include free customization service.

But now the author also gets my details for my rating? You gotta be kidding me! That is the last time I voted for any item and probably the end of honest reviewing.

So it’s all unicorns & rainbows now – just to worship the money machine?

The only compromise I can see to make this work for both authors and buyers is to connect ratings with the version number of a script – any maybe a check box to indicate if the fault is regarded to programming, design or support etc.

425 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+1 more
Jaynesh says

2 thumbs down but great news for envato share holders – now even the really bad scripts will produce more sales.
Well, let me give you a buyers perspective. I buy a lot and if a script is full of errors then I’d like to express my opinion without the need to justify myself. If a script receives lots of 1-star ratings then there is most likely a reason for that – I’m not talking about a few disappointed newbies who don’t understand that not everything is a wordpress-plugin and buying a theme doesn’t include free customization service.

Nobody is stopping you from rating 1 stars. If you feel an item is worth 1 stars, you can rate it 1 star and also provide feedback to the author for why you have given it 1 star. The whole point of it is so the author can see the problems and get them fixed. Surely that is better?

141 posts Designer & Developer
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
Webbu says

+1 We need this because if somebody give us a 1 star rating for ex: “You don’t make my customizations. So I rate you with 1 star.” Then what we will do. Just read this ? We have to flag this rating or send to Envato for better review. Otherwise this system for me nothing..

Nobody is stopping you from rating 1 stars. If you feel an item is worth 1 stars, you can rate it 1 star and also provide feedback to the author for why you have given it 1 star. The whole point of it is so the author can see the problems and get them fixed. Surely that is better?

+1 And we need this too. If somebody rate a theme lower then 3 star, feedback (review) has to be written. Because If not why all authors want this system. Now for me nothing difference then old system. Hope Envato’s developers read this and help us to improve our item ratings.

332 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
GFXTemplate says

+1 We need this because if somebody give us a 1 star rating for ex: “You don’t make my customizations. So I rate you with 1 star.” Then what we will do. Just read this ? We have to flag this rating or send to Envato for better review. Otherwise this system for me nothing..

+1 And we need this too. If somebody rate a theme lower then 3 star, feedback (review) has to be written. Because If not why all authors want this system. Now for me nothing difference then old system. Hope Envato’s developers read this and help us to improve our item ratings.

+1

by
by
by
by
by
by