244 posts Premium Website Design
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ThemeFusion says

I hope a way to reply and flag ratings can be added in the next update to the review system.

308 posts PremiumLayers.com
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
PremiumLayers says

I hope a way to reply and flag ratings can be added in the next update to the review system.

This would be perfect

+1

1696 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

I would suggest a way to block/delete/ban ratings with reviews such as “poor support” and immediately redirect such buyers to Item Support Terms.

181 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
HellasDesign says

Hey guys. I really like the new feature. However, I have a question:

Next to the item’s name it says “anonymous” (e.g. anonymous on ##### – Responsive Joomla Template). Will you change that to buyer’s name for old ratings or it will stay “anonymous”?

218 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
SurStudio says

I would suggest a way to block/delete/ban ratings with reviews such as “poor support” and immediately redirect such buyers to Item Support Terms.

+1

265 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Located in United Kingdom
+4 more
Patchesoft says

Hey guys. I really like the new feature. However, I have a question: Next to the item’s name it says “anonymous” (e.g. anonymous on ##### – Responsive Joomla Template). Will you change that to buyer’s name for old ratings or it will stay “anonymous”?

I think that is there to stop us hassling buyers

21 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
in4fun says

2 thumbs down but great news for envato share holders – now even the really bad scripts will produce more sales.

Well, let me give you a buyers perspective. I buy a lot and if a script is full of errors then I’d like to express my opinion without the need to justify myself. If a script receives lots of 1-star ratings then there is most likely a reason for that – I’m not talking about a few disappointed newbies who don’t understand that not everything is a wordpress-plugin and buying a theme doesn’t include free customization service.

But now the author also gets my details for my rating? You gotta be kidding me! That is the last time I voted for any item and probably the end of honest reviewing.

So it’s all unicorns & rainbows now – just to worship the money machine?

The only compromise I can see to make this work for both authors and buyers is to connect ratings with the version number of a script – any maybe a check box to indicate if the fault is regarded to programming, design or support etc.

434 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+6 more
Jaynesh says

2 thumbs down but great news for envato share holders – now even the really bad scripts will produce more sales.
Well, let me give you a buyers perspective. I buy a lot and if a script is full of errors then I’d like to express my opinion without the need to justify myself. If a script receives lots of 1-star ratings then there is most likely a reason for that – I’m not talking about a few disappointed newbies who don’t understand that not everything is a wordpress-plugin and buying a theme doesn’t include free customization service.

Nobody is stopping you from rating 1 stars. If you feel an item is worth 1 stars, you can rate it 1 star and also provide feedback to the author for why you have given it 1 star. The whole point of it is so the author can see the problems and get them fixed. Surely that is better?

143 posts Designer & Developer
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
Webbu says

+1 We need this because if somebody give us a 1 star rating for ex: “You don’t make my customizations. So I rate you with 1 star.” Then what we will do. Just read this ? We have to flag this rating or send to Envato for better review. Otherwise this system for me nothing..

Nobody is stopping you from rating 1 stars. If you feel an item is worth 1 stars, you can rate it 1 star and also provide feedback to the author for why you have given it 1 star. The whole point of it is so the author can see the problems and get them fixed. Surely that is better?

+1 And we need this too. If somebody rate a theme lower then 3 star, feedback (review) has to be written. Because If not why all authors want this system. Now for me nothing difference then old system. Hope Envato’s developers read this and help us to improve our item ratings.

342 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+2 more
GFXTemplate says

+1 We need this because if somebody give us a 1 star rating for ex: “You don’t make my customizations. So I rate you with 1 star.” Then what we will do. Just read this ? We have to flag this rating or send to Envato for better review. Otherwise this system for me nothing..

+1 And we need this too. If somebody rate a theme lower then 3 star, feedback (review) has to be written. Because If not why all authors want this system. Now for me nothing difference then old system. Hope Envato’s developers read this and help us to improve our item ratings.

+1

by
by
by
by
by
by