332 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+2 more
GFXTemplate says

Hey guys thanks for your hard work. I have a question: what about the previous 1 star ratings? If they will stay “anonymous” and there is no chance to remove or fix them the problem is still there and those malicious reviewers will not be punished as they deserve… I also think that reviews should be public, they are only useful for buyers, authors already have the chance to get feedback and improve their items with comments, contact form on the profile page, dedicated forums etc. I remember I bought some items on Amazon rather then others just because of the reviews, I found them very useful. :)

+1

333 posts Andre28 - Envato Elite Author
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
andre28 says

if someone rate poorly an item because of his/her fault, for example do not read the pdf documentation provided, how can i reply or try to help this buyer?

35 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Bulgaria
CodeBrewery says

What @abstract-labs said. A huge +1.

388 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
EugeneO says

Are there any guidelines shown to buyers before they rate an item explaining the criteria they should be rating by? The whole rating system is fundamentally flawed if 1 star to one buyer means something different to another reviewer. I don’t even think 1 star items should exist on this marketplace. 1 star would represent something that is barely usable and not fit for purpose.

My very first reviewed rating was a 1 star despite the fact the buyer did not mention any bugs or problems with the item (in fact they didn’t actually mention anything at all) and yet my item now has it’s first 1 star, which I feel was unjustified, can not be removed and can not be responded to.

My view is that the ratings should show how close the actual product is compared to how it is advertised and demonstrated in live previews. Comparing features between items (in particular themes) is unfair as:

1.) The item’s features are often clearly listed in the item’s description and page sidebar – the buyer already knows if there is a page builder, WooCommerce support, Javascript files, IE8 support.

2.) Not all items require the same features. Therefore rating one lower because it does not have a feature another item has is falsely representing that item.

292 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
SchwartzSound says

I really like that you can now see all of your items’ ratings on the new “Ratings” dashboard tab, not just for items that have 3 or more. Only about 1/3 of my total ratings are actually public at this point, so it’s really valuable insight to see some additional 5-star (or otherwise) ratings on newer / less purchased portfolio items that have previously been completely hidden. Great work team!

235 posts themesdepot.org
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has referred 10+ members
+6 more
ThemesDepot says

Just got a review from buyer who rated my theme 4 stars and, all the review says is just

Customer Support

Speechless. How is this helpful for an author? It’s 4 stars now, but could have been 1 star because of what the buyer thinks the rating is for.

Anyways, i haven’t received any email notifying me of the review.

118 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
SoundmaxX says

I just notice that! Thanks guys :)

DistinctiveThemes
DistinctiveThemes Recent Posts Threads Started
153 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+2 more
DistinctiveThemes says

Hey folks,

Just wondering about these reviews – iv had a lovely review from a customer but am wondering if I could use them as testimonials for the relevant item?

9 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
Juan323 says

Very useful! I like this new feature a lot!

Greetings!

Juan

631 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
UBLThemes says

I received a 2 star rating today because one of my wordpress themes does not give enough documentation on how to customise the php coding so that they can customise the theme to exactly what they want.

Are buyers really wanting us to teach them php with the documentation.

I can understand giving them understanding on how the css is laid out and how the javascript and even how the html is laid out but to give a 2 star for not providing detailed instruction on how to customise the footer code, which bare in mind is 90% php and only 3 html lines which is a footer markup html

<footer></footer>

They did say they loved the design but because they can not change colours of absolute everything from every border to every pixel through the admin area they are not satisfied.

Bare in mind we have given detailed admin options with over 15 colour pickers for different sections of the site to make sure you can literally have unlimited colours around the site.

I do think buyers expect a $30k website for their $40.

The worst thing is, I spent in total 2 hours over the last 5 days helping doing small customisations which include small css tweaks and a couple of small html things, yet they still gave a 2 star lol…

by
by
by
by
by
by