4337 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

I have a question for staff, regarding ratings. Please let staff reply and let’s not assume anything!

If, someone rates an item 1 star, with the reson ” Awesome file!” for example, basically just trolling, can we open a support ticket and have that rating removed?

7604 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

I have a question for staff, regarding ratings. Please let staff reply and let’s not assume anything!

BUT I want to answer!

5559 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

I have a question for staff, regarding ratings. Please let staff reply and let’s not assume anything! If, someone rates an item 1 star, with the reson ” Awesome file!” for example, basically just trolling, can we open a support ticket and have that rating removed?

You sure can :D Each situation will be taken on a case by case basis, but we certainly don’t want the ratings to be used for trolling or blackmailing authors.

4337 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

I have a question for staff, regarding ratings. Please let staff reply and let’s not assume anything! If, someone rates an item 1 star, with the reson ” Awesome file!” for example, basically just trolling, can we open a support ticket and have that rating removed?
You sure can :D

lol Travis! Let me rephrase! :D Will it actually be removed if the reasons are legitimate? :)

5559 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

lol Travis! Let me rephrase! :D Will it actually be removed if the reasons are legitimate? :)

You bet it will :)

6025 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

You bet it will :)

I guess this is a tough commitment! :D

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+2 more
Zalki-Lab says

Hello guys. Customer gave me 2 stars:
Main reason:
Customer Support
Extra comments from the buyer:
No ongoing support, not compatible with current Wordpress
But I don’t agree with this. He has not contacted to me, did not leave a comment. My plugin is compatible with WordPress version specified in the description.
It is unfair

1702 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

+1

933 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
jhunger says

I haven’t been reading the forums much lately and missed this entirely. I also haven’t read the 200+ posts so I don’t know if I’m repeating things here, or if there’s some controversy or another about all this, but I was quite surprised to receive my first rating with a comment in an email today – that is freaking fantastic! This has potential to turn a universally frustrating system into an extremely useful feedback loop.

I’m sure there will be some uncomfortable comments from time to time, but to no longer be working in a vacuum is a very welcome change.

+1000 to the Envato staff – thank you!!!!!

SnoopyIndustries
SnoopyIndustries Recent Posts Threads Started
366 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
SnoopyIndustries says

As long as there won’t be dedicated stuff appointed to hear the author’s story about the comment this feature would have done nothing but stir up waters. I think I’d much rather have a 1 rating and know nothing about it, then have a 1 rating in which the client would claim I never replied to support queries (true story) after 20 replies from me trying to calm him down and get him to tell me what’s up and him saying how bad a business I’m doing.

So this has only paved the way, but it certainly hasn’t solved the issue. Although thumbs up for taking the time to do it anyway.

by
by
by
by
by
by