101 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Austria
codeex says

Got our first rate with this feature.. all works fine but as ThemePunch said above, We can’t respond on the buyer(s) comment..

580 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+1 more
LCweb says

Agree with Themepunch,
In case of very low rating, there should be a way to contact the customer. Not for spam or beg, but to help fair customers to solve their problems.

It’s surely a step ahead since we see what happens to our products rating, but this part is simply frustrating

486 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+3 more
steve314 says

Agree with Themepunch,
In case of very low rating, there should be a way to contact the customer. Not for spam or beg, but to help fair customers to solve their problems. It’s surely a step ahead since we see what happens to our products rating, but this part is simply frustrating
+1
379 posts Code Is Poetry
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Europe
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+3 more
gljivec says

Now that I can see why I get low ratings I know that we are great at what we do, because more stupid reasons for 1 or 2 star ratings you just can’t get :) Usually not related to theme or support.

What is great about this I can create black list.It would be great if I can refund this buyers and get rid of this stupid comments.

Or even better this comment must become public!

309 posts No! It's not a 5 minute job!
  • Elite Author
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+8 more
WebFactory says

+1 for blacklist! There are definitely some people we do not want to do business with! I’d be more than glad to prevent them from buying anything from us.

5541 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Now that I can see why I get low ratings I know that we are great at what we do, because more stupid reasons for 1 or 2 star ratings you just can’t get :) Usually not related to theme or support. What is great about this I can create black list.It would be great if I can refund this buyers and get rid of this stupid comments.

Actually the information itself is precious. That means, if the rating comment helps the author to realize his/her item is already fine and the low ratings are just random expressions, then the author can stop worrying about framework / construction / way of production and proceed the next products in the same way. That’s actually the primary benefit we get by knowing buyer feedback, along with low ratings.

Refunding / trying to remove ratings etc are too much for our precious time. 4 Star average means ‘great’ in my dictionary. Similar to anti-biotics, any effort towards fighting with unreasonable ratings will eventually cause more / unpredictable vulnerabilities in the future. So just leaving those ratings untouched is the only good thing we can do – as long as we have other gains.

379 posts Code Is Poetry
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Europe
+3 more
gljivec says

Now that I can see why I get low ratings I know that we are great at what we do, because more stupid reasons for 1 or 2 star ratings you just can’t get :) Usually not related to theme or support. What is great about this I can create black list.It would be great if I can refund this buyers and get rid of this stupid comments.
Actually the information itself is precious. That means, if the rating comment helps the author to realize his/her item is already fine and the low ratings are just random expressions, then the author can stop worrying about framework / construction / way of production and proceed the next products in the same way. That’s actually the primary benefit we get by knowing buyer feedback. Refunding / trying to remove ratings etc are too much for our precious time. 4 Star average means ‘great’ in my dictionary.

+1 to this

538 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Typps says

Actually the information itself is precious. That means, if the rating comment helps the author to realize his/her item is already fine and the low ratings are just random expressions, then the author can stop worrying about framework / construction / way of production and proceed the next products in the same way. That’s actually the primary benefit we get by knowing buyer feedback, along with low ratings. Refunding / trying to remove ratings etc are too much for our precious time. 4 Star average means ‘great’ in my dictionary. Similar to anti-biotics, any effort towards fighting with unreasonable ratings will eventually cause more / unpredictable vulnerabilities in the future. So just leaving those ratings untouched is the only good thing we can do – as long as we have other gains.

+1 Most sensible comment!

174 posts straight to the art designs
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
arrowthemes says

Small issue regarding the “Send me an email when someone leaves a review with their rating.” setting in My Settings > Author settings – the setting does not update on save. I’d like to turn it off.

regards

5277 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
CodingJack says

It looks like there are lots of people rating who never try and get support. I imagine these people are rating because they got a “reminder to rate” email from Envato, and just had no idea that support was available. But in the grand scheme of things, what’s more important in these situations – getting a rating from an unhappy buyer? Or turning the unhappy buyer into a happy one by helping them get support? Maybe our follow up emails should lead with support info and end with a reminder to rate. Here’s an example:

“Howdy, we noticed you purchased “abc” product recently. We hope you’re happy with the product. If you have any questions or concerns, the author of the product provides customer support which can be accessed here (link to item’s “Support” tab). We’d also appreciate if you could rate the item.”

by
by
by
by
by
by