147 posts Get in the spotlight
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
FamousThemes says

When you get a 1 star rating at one HTML template, and the message says, there is problems with the contact form not working it totally proves the rating system is a total disaster. And now with this messages it’s even funnier, because you can’t do nothing. You can’t reply, you can’t see who leaved that message, you can’t tell that users that the php file needs to be used in order the form to work…..

Really disappointing because I think buyers are really taking this ratings in consideration when choosing one item.

219 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
SurStudio says

When you get a 1 star rating at one HTML template, and the message says, there is problems with the contact form not working it totally proves the rating system is a total disaster. And now with this messages it’s even funnier, because you can’t do nothing. You can’t reply, you can’t see who leaved that message, you can’t tell that users that the php file needs to be used in order the form to work….. Really disappointing because I think buyers are really taking this ratings in consideration when choosing one item.

+1

Are you saying that when get a 1 star rating, you can’t see the user name? The ratings I received since the new system is in place have been 5 stars, and I’m able to see who rated

308 posts Mad Dog
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
mad_dog says

Don’t see my comment. Was it removed? Got no email notification.

+6 more
FamousThemes says
Are you saying that when get a 1 star rating, you can’t see the user name? The ratings I received since the new system is in place have been 5 stars, and I’m able to see who rated

Silly me :) I thought I only receive emails with the ratings. But did not see the Reviews new tab in admin.

That will solve one mistery, but not the main purpose of my disapointing. I cannot ever delete that 1 star rating that I got for something that is not quite fair.

Thanks.

+6 more
FamousThemes says

Silly me :) I thought I only receive emails with the ratings. But did not see the Reviews new tab in admin.

That will solve one mistery, but not the main purpose of my disapointing. I cannot ever delete that 1 star rating that I got for something that is not quite fair.

Thanks.

Oh no, this is too much :)) So I got 1 star rating for another HTML template saying

“Extra comments from the buyer: did not work with wordpress, I want my money back “

So he bought the HTML template, and realise is not working with Wordpress, and I got 1 star rating.

Where can I report this? I mean I can ever delete that 1 star rating?

219 posts
+4 more
SurStudio says

Thanks.

Oh no, this is too much :)) So I got 1 star rating for another HTML template saying

“Extra comments from the buyer: did not work with wordpress, I want my money back “

So he bought the HTML template, and realise is not working with Wordpress, and I got 1 star rating.

Where can I report this? I mean I can ever delete that 1 star rating?

I’ve read from Envato staff that you could contact support and hopefully they’ll remove it… but I think it would be easier to make your HTML templates compatible with WordPress

Septimus_fossett
Septimus_fossett Recent Posts Threads Started
18 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
Septimus_fossett says

Although it would create a lot of extra work for the Support teams, I think a ‘report’, if you can call it that, button next to ratings would be a good idea.

If authors feel that a poor rating was given unfairly, they can click a button that temporarily removes the rating while it is investigated by Envato staff.

Obviously there would need to be ways of making sure that authors aren’t just trying to cover up bad reviews for bad items, perhaps by only allowing a very small number of ‘rating-reports’ a month. Also, if authors can provide evidence (or staff can see the review comments) that explain why the reviewer rated unfairly then the moderators could contact the buyer in question, saying that their review was temporarily removed as it was added on an unfair basis, and offer them an opportunity to explain to staff why they rated it so or let them change it.

Fortunately I haven’t yet experienced a nasty, unfair rating – but I thought I’d put some ideas forward incase I get one in the future! :)

27 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
stewboon Envato team says

Hi everyone….thanks for all your feedback on this so far.

We’ve been measuring the impact and there is plenty of good news to share here….

• Ratings of 1, 2 or 3 stars have reduced by 63%. They were 13% of total ratings before and now they are 5% of the total (that means 95% of ratings are 4 or 5 stars).
  • Remembering that feedback is optional for 4 and 5 star ratings – For every lower rating (3,2 and 1 star) with a comment there are 5 higher ratings (4,5 star) with a comment.
So to sum that up – it looks like positive feedback far outweighs the constructive, we are seeing far fewer low ratings and authors now know the reason for these low ratings. We have also had a lot of direct feedback from authors that are very happy with progress here.

As I mentioned when we launched, this is the first step to improving ratings. For now we are focussed on other initiatives and we are working out when we might come back to this but to manage your expectations, it is unlikely in the next few months.

We know that it’s not all perfect but we’re very heartened by the feedback we’re getting and what the numbers are showing, particularly the huge amount of positive feedback authors are now receiving.
1465 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+3 more
WebSmacker says

I love the rating changes. I can use the positive comments as testimonials on my item pages and if I get a negative one I’ll be able to follow up with that person or learn from the mistake. Thanks!

219 posts
+4 more
SurStudio says

3 weeks ago:

the key problem for us to focus on here is: Authors not knowing why they get low ratings

Today:

it looks like positive feedback far outweighs the constructive, we are seeing far fewer low ratings and authors now know the reason for these low ratings

This started by being concern about Authors not knowing why they get low ratings, and now we’re happy because the number of low ratings decreased? Plus we ignore authors complaining about nonsense reasons for low ratings?

Now we know (like we didn’t know before), bad ratings have nonsense reasons.

This thread has over 300 messages, forget the unconstructive ones: great feature, thanks, etc… Everyone agrees on make the reviews public with a reply button and force review for 4 stars too. And something has to be done with old “anonymous” ratings.

All those constructive messages are just being ignored? Really?

by
by
by
by
by
by