• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+1 more
mad_dog says

2 TF Staff! I tried to contact the buyer today but there is no contact form. Are you going to implement this option?

I don’t think this should be implemented only if the user/buyer chooses to display the contact form in his profile.

As a personal feedback to this thread, in my opinion we need transparency in ratings, to go public and us authors to have the possibility to reply to them and express our personal opinion.

A user which is rating 1 star for various reasons should be asked for more info and us authors should have the possibility to reply and express our opinion aswell.

It’s just simple version of getting in touch with the customer. I had one a few days who rated my facebook template (html version) just because it does not have an interface to add the content :( Its like to purchase HTML template and try to install it into wordpress … (1-2 times per month happens)

475 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
FlatKing says

@mad_dog I’d say that is more of an issue with themeforest purchasing method – see what support say

214 posts Mad Dog
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+1 more
mad_dog says

@mad_dog I’d say that is more of an issue with themeforest purchasing method – see what support say

Yes, I know about that. And we can’t do anything with that.

4 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
ThemeTrail says

2 TF Staff! I tried to contact the buyer today but there is no contact form. Are you going to implement this option?

I don’t think this should be implemented only if the user/buyer chooses to display the contact form in his profile.

As a personal feedback to this thread, in my opinion we need transparency in ratings, to go public and us authors to have the possibility to reply to them and express our personal opinion.

A user which is rating 1 star for various reasons should be asked for more info and us authors should have the possibility to reply and express our opinion aswell.

100% agree with hogash’s suggestions.

The item review comment should be a two-way street. If a customer leaves a bad review, without even getting in touch with the author at all, who I guess in most cases, is happy about any constructive feedback to improve his/her theme, than this customer review feature has a big flaw in my eyes.

And what about the author has fixed the issue? The negative review will stand there forever. I as the author can not get in touch with the reviewer, to let him/her know, that I took the feedback and improved the theme. Plus I can’t add a comment, that this issue has been fixed.

So either give us a chance to get in touch with the reviewer or let us add comments too in the review section. Ideally both will be possible in the near future.

317 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Romania
QBKL says

Sometimes it feels like you guys are taking us authors for fools I swear! What is the whole point of having this implemented in the end?

I am sorry, but at least when I had no idea what the reasoning of a out of the blue 1/2 star rating was, I went and had a coffee and thought of it as if maybe the user had a serious issue with my item. But now, seeing how unjustified or deeply unrelated some ratings are and how your support team handles these issues with the same automated response “Our team has looked over the review provided by your buyer and believe the feedback is relevant to the buyer’s experience and is within our community guidelines.” it just looks so bad!

It shows that the “support team” doesn’t take our support requests seriously, cause if they did, they’d see why we go to them for help.

Right now, I had to deal with one unfair rating out of 3 on an item with the main reason: “Customer Support”. Which was received for customization and extra features of a theme from a guy that first commented: “I love this theme”. But the second we didn’t “microlance” the guy for free he rated us 2 stars. We were accused of bad behavior, although it was not the case, the guy himself admitting in the comments later when we did our best to manage the situation that he had a bad day. And on a personal level we did go through the issue and we’re working with him to provide him the extended customization he needs, but that rating is still there, still unfair and we have to look at a “support” email with “sorry, it’s valuable”.

Customer support isn’t even mandatory and thus it shouldn’t even be a valid reason for item ratings. At best, it should be in a separate author rating area. If I were only to sell products with zero interaction in comments on support, which is 100% fair according to Envato’s guidelines, would it be OK if no matter how good an item is, customers to go around and keep rating our items 1 or 2 stars because of it?

Something doesn’t add up here guys, and as always it’s the authors who have to take the fall when the ** hits the fan. We can’t help the feeling that in such cases our hands are tied and we have no means to argue our cases or make a change when things go down hill.

It’s time you guys take more seriously that statement behind Collis: “We always have the interests of the community in mind.” I for one don’t remember the last time I felt like Envato had my interest in mind.

Alex

426 posts Code is Poetry
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
egemenerd says

I am sorry, but at least when I had no idea what the reasoning of a out of the blue 1/2 star rating was, I went and had a coffee and thought of it as if maybe the user had a serious issue with my item. But now, seeing how unjustified or deeply unrelated some ratings are and how your support team handles these issues with the same automated response “Our team has looked over the review provided by your buyer and believe the feedback is relevant to the buyer’s experience and is within our community guidelines.” it just looks so bad! It shows that the “support team” doesn’t take our support requests seriously, cause if they did, they’d see why we go to them for help.

+1

http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/possibility-or-removing-rating/122720?page=2#988408
1828 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+3 more
ShermanJackson says

I think this has resulted in me getting more 5Star ratings! :)

834 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
djjeep says

+1

\\

416 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • United States
ThemeBeans says

Haha. It’s pretty even here for me. I do have a couple one star ratings that are “related to support” though theres no record of them in our support system, and no way to contact them to offer help. I hate to see customers having trouble with one of my themes. Erks me.. :/

5542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Haha. It’s pretty even here for me. I do have a couple one star ratings that are “related to support” though theres no record of them in our support system, and no way to contact them to offer help. I hate to see customers having trouble with one of my themes. Erks me.. :/

It differs hugely due to marketplace. You are talking about ThemeForest and ShermanJackson is about GraphicRiver.

by
by
by
by
by
by