• Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • United States
ThemeBeans says

I think this has resulted in me getting more 5Star ratings! :)
Haha. It’s pretty even here for me. I do have a couple one star ratings that are “related to support” though theres no record of them in our support system, and no way to contact them to offer help. I hate to see customers having trouble with one of my themes. Erks me.. :/
It differs hugely due to marketplace. You are talking about ThemeForest and ShermanJackson is about GraphicRiver.

Gotcha :)

FantasticPlugins
FantasticPlugins Recent Posts Threads Started
90 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
FantasticPlugins says

Overall I am happy with the Buyers providing comments along with the rating. May be the comments can be made public as well so that other prospective buyers get a more closer insight.

This gives us an opportunity to understand what the Buyer felt about the item.

I had one Buyer giving a 4 star rating for one of my item. I thought may be the Buyer isn’t happy, but looking into the comments I guess the Buyer is very happy. The comment is something as follows “Item Name is really big features with less price” and the rating is 4 star.

Some people give 4 star which according to them is very good rating. But a seller would think otherwise. This comments is helping bridge the gap.

Cheers…

40 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Egypt
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Exclusive Author
WPFOX says

Big Thanks :D

14 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Europe
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
ShapingRain says

We have realised that product reviews are not visible to the public. Is there are particular reason for that? We think that this is highly confusing for customers and users who are interested in buying a theme because they leave their feedback in the comments section, but are asked for a review while rating a product as well.

We are not aware of another example where customers are asked to write a review, without that being available to other customers to guide them while they are making purchase decisions.

Some authors are already making reviews available to their customers as screenshots on their product pages, which is kind of counter-intuitive and adds to the confusion.

25 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
itthinx says

+1 for making the reviews public, the user experience that they contain is usually helpful for others in deciding whether a product is suitable for their use or not.

+1 for adding the possibility to respond to a review. It’s nice to be able to say ‘thank you’ directly on a review, or if a review points to an issue with an item that needs the seller’s attention, it’s a more direct way to work out the issue with the user.

5726 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Today, received a 1 star with reason. I am happy! ;)

The same without knowing the reason definitely hurts!

3 posts
varunkr90136 says

it look great..

155 posts
  • Brazil
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
DiegoMirnov says

Today, received a 1 star with reason. I am happy! ;) The same without knowing the reason definitely hurts!

I´ve got 3 stars and the user sayd: “Thanks a lot!” Not fair at all. In these cases i think Envato could delete a specific nonsense rating.

27 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
EliseDesign says

Thats good!

377 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 2 000 000 - 4 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • United States
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+1 more
GoodLayers says

I think the system should have option to contact customer back when they rated our items too.

I sometime got low rating but those issues are mostly common and easy to be fixed but they just don’t know how…

When I tried to contact them to provide solutions, I always ended up with annoying because most customers don’t provide their contact channels.

Please consider to add this one too, Thanks :)

by
by
by
by
by
by