1352 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
fuelthemes says

When a buyer gets a refund or a sales reversal, do their review/rating get removed?

7606 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

When a buyer gets a refund or a sales reversal, do their review/rating get removed?

mystery!

12 posts Premium Magento Themes
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
infortis says

and force review for 4 stars too.
This is bad idea. If you have a happy customer who wants to vote for your item giving you 4-5 stars, then nothing will discourage him more then obligation of writing a review. Some customers will write a review but many customers will just go away and you will get no rating at all. Sometimes people are lazy (I’m am ;) ).
Only for 4 stars, not 5. If the Item is good, it’ll have an average of 4.5+, and a 4 stars rating will hurt it. Plus it means that something can be done to make it perfect. If someone is rating 5 stars, then there’s nothing to say, a review is not needed as it means the Item works as advertised.

After consideration I agree with you, that might be better solution.

But the downside is: unhappy customers are more determined, they will rate even if they have to write something. So after some time it may turn out that the number of “4-star” ratings decreased but number of “2-star” and “1-star” ratings stays the same so bad ratings will have more weight in the average rating. (sorry for my english)

5565 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

Sales reversal accounts are removed completely along with any rating. A refund rating can be valid feedback on the item if it was done due to a file not working etc. The policy around the removal of ratings is still being discussed. Thanks!

FantasticPlugins
FantasticPlugins Recent Posts Threads Started
97 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
FantasticPlugins says

I want to make a feature request for Ratings. Not sure if it is already a known issue but want to emphasize it.

Many Buyers are not aware of how to Rate the purchases. I had many instances where even a seasoned Buyer (>100 purchases) didn’t know how to Rate the product. Even today I had to give a step by step instruction to the Buyer to let him know how to Rate the purchased product.

I am not raising this problem because I had to take time to educate the Buyers but just wonder how many Buyers didn’t rate because they didn’t know about it.

You can give a caption (Rate here or Give a Rating) above or below the 5 stars so that it is more intuitive for the Buyers. Also Ratings as a separate Tab would help.

Hope I am heard. :)

Thanks.

219 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
SurStudio says

and force review for 4 stars too.
This is bad idea. If you have a happy customer who wants to vote for your item giving you 4-5 stars, then nothing will discourage him more then obligation of writing a review. Some customers will write a review but many customers will just go away and you will get no rating at all. Sometimes people are lazy (I’m am ;) ).
Only for 4 stars, not 5. If the Item is good, it’ll have an average of 4.5+, and a 4 stars rating will hurt it. Plus it means that something can be done to make it perfect. If someone is rating 5 stars, then there’s nothing to say, a review is not needed as it means the Item works as advertised.

After consideration I agree with you, that might be better solution.

But the downside is: unhappy customers are more determined, they will rate even if they have to write something. So after some time it may turn out that the number of “4-star” ratings decreased but number of “2-star” and “1-star” ratings stays the same so bad ratings will have more weight in the average rating. (sorry for my english)

Maybe that’s correct. But this is the thing:

the key problem for us to focus on here is: Authors not knowing why they get low ratings

Then:

it looks like positive feedback far outweighs the constructive, we are seeing far fewer low ratings and authors now know the reason for these low ratings

we are seeing far fewer low ratings

This means, in general, that when buyers need to give a reason for their low rating, they won’t do it, mostly.

Of course, you see here authors complaining about hilarious or nonsense reasons. Lets get real, if your Items are 4.5+ stars and have a considerable number of ratings, then there’s no chance a low rating has any good reason, in the worst case scenario, buyer found a bug, which you’ll fix ASAP, and that’s pretty much it.

Anyway, all these ideas we discuss are worthless, as seems like changing colors and buttons are more important subjects.

guentherportfolio
guentherportfolio Recent Posts Threads Started
213 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
guentherportfolio says

Many Buyers are not aware of how to Rate the purchases. I had many instances where even a seasoned Buyer (>100 purchases) didn’t know how to Rate the product. Even today I had to give a step by step instruction to the Buyer to let him know how to Rate the purchased product. You can give a caption (Rate here or Give a Rating) above or below the 5 stars so that it is more intuitive for the Buyers. Also Ratings as a separate Tab would help.

I absolutely agree with FanstasticPlugins opinion. I also like the idea to make tooltips or something easier to show the buyer where he has to rate the item. Anyway…in addition I would prefer a solution where the buyer get’s a “cash-back” or discount of few cents, if he rates the item. Currently the rating mentality is unfortunately really bad.

Best Martin

53 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
GreenTreeLabs says

I would prefer a solution where the buyer get’s a “cash-back” or discount of few cents, if he rates the item

Would you trust a paid review?

guentherportfolio
guentherportfolio Recent Posts Threads Started
213 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
guentherportfolio says

I would prefer a solution where the buyer get’s a “cash-back” or discount of few cents, if he rates the item
Would you trust a paid review?

It should be more like a stimulation or anything for the buyer to rate the item. Nothing illegal or something like a “paid opinion”. Just an idea…

769 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
LCweb says

Aaaand a fresh 1 star rating for “JS bugs” on a 5000+ sales item like Media Grid. Well but, again, how it would be useful?
Having the ability of replying back, solving the issue would be quite easy, but.. how?

I’ll be repetitive, but is almost useless and very frustrating as is now.
For “bugs” reason, is mandatory to reply back.

I received ten 5 star ratings this week for the same item, but a 1-star destroys everything. And is not fair. Now we have this new tool that could help authors to do a better service and customers to be happier.

Could..

by
by
by
by
by
by