761 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
LCweb says

I am little bit surprised about this kind of expectations from some authors. It is not buyer’s job to educate “there is a bug” in our item. They rate items so that it will help other buyer’s purchase decision. However, some buyers may have useful feedback to share with author – that’s where this rating comment helps the author. The rating they left shouldn’t make the buyer to “commit” for helping the author.

But practically (when it comes to front end code etc), there are chances for buyers mistakenly assume a bug on item. That’s not a crime – that’s a possible occurrence which may not be avoided even with communication. Sometimes, communication can make more damage than a 1 star rating! :D

Last week I received a 1 star rating with the reason “bug”. No more explanation but I am happy with that just because the reason mentioned isn’t “poor support” ;)

Of course is part of the game. How many 1/2 star rating we’ve got for this reason in the past? :)

But this feature was made to help authors and improve the “anonymous” rating system.
Until now I received 20,25 ratings? and no one was really helping me in my work.
So there’s definitively something wrong. I’m not saying the work Envato made on this side is bad, absolutely, but the goal is not completely reached.

761 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
LCweb says

(sorry for double post)

From an authors perspective, being able to contact the buyer for every review seems like a good idea however from a buyers perspective this wouldn’t be a very good idea as it could get a little heated and chaotic.

I think adding this at the bottom would be a better idea.

-1, better make it a button that says “contact me via mail WHEN the author comments this review.

The author should be able to comment on a review here on the marketplaces. contacting the buyer is not necessary and only gives us all headaches because we need to respect the privacy of buyers. Just give us the chance to write an answer that the user can view in his dashboard, like a comment, everything would be fine.

The buyer doesn’t need to allow us to reply to his comment, why should he have to with reviews.
+1 Maybe another good solution would be to show a little reminder in case of low rating with subjects like “bugs”.

Something like “The author provides free support through XYZ”. Maybe is obvious, but I’m sure there’s some “blind” customer missing that fact.

11 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
wallpainter says

this is nice news. thank you.

380 posts
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
+6 more
GoodLayers says

I think the dev should implement the system to contact buyer back when they leave their feedback ASAP…. As I mentioned before. We will never know how to contact back to them…. I recently got this message.

and it’s really annoying when I don’t know how to get back to them :(

Many other customers don’t have this problem and I myself can’t detect it as well..

484 posts (-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Themewaves says

I think the dev should implement the system to contact buyer back when they leave their feedback ASAP…. As I mentioned before. We will never know how to contact back to them…. I recently got this message.

Many other customers don’t have this problem and I myself can’t detect it as well..

+1

218 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
SurStudio says

+1

I happen to have the email of this person. If you’re interested, contact me.

296 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
crossroad says

+1 I happen to have the email of this person. If you’re interested, contact me.

Shouldn’t that be a confidential information and you should NOT distribute his/her email to ANYONE without his/her permission?

440 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+7 more
Jaynesh says

Shouldn’t that be a confidential information and you should NOT distribute his/her email to ANYONE without his/her permission?

+1

How do you know who that is when the name is blurred out?

141 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
BonfireThemes says

+1

How do you know who that is when the name is blurred out?

The message appears to have been signed.

218 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+4 more
SurStudio says

Take it easy buddy. Seems like they will both benefit if they communicate.

by
by
by
by
by
by