• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+1 more
LCweb says

I am little bit surprised about this kind of expectations from some authors. It is not buyer’s job to educate “there is a bug” in our item. They rate items so that it will help other buyer’s purchase decision. However, some buyers may have useful feedback to share with author – that’s where this rating comment helps the author. The rating they left shouldn’t make the buyer to “commit” for helping the author.

But practically (when it comes to front end code etc), there are chances for buyers mistakenly assume a bug on item. That’s not a crime – that’s a possible occurrence which may not be avoided even with communication. Sometimes, communication can make more damage than a 1 star rating! :D

Last week I received a 1 star rating with the reason “bug”. No more explanation but I am happy with that just because the reason mentioned isn’t “poor support” ;)

Of course is part of the game. How many 1/2 star rating we’ve got for this reason in the past? :)

But this feature was made to help authors and improve the “anonymous” rating system.
Until now I received 20,25 ratings? and no one was really helping me in my work.
So there’s definitively something wrong. I’m not saying the work Envato made on this side is bad, absolutely, but the goal is not completely reached.

673 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
LCweb says

(sorry for double post)

From an authors perspective, being able to contact the buyer for every review seems like a good idea however from a buyers perspective this wouldn’t be a very good idea as it could get a little heated and chaotic.

I think adding this at the bottom would be a better idea.

-1, better make it a button that says “contact me via mail WHEN the author comments this review.

The author should be able to comment on a review here on the marketplaces. contacting the buyer is not necessary and only gives us all headaches because we need to respect the privacy of buyers. Just give us the chance to write an answer that the user can view in his dashboard, like a comment, everything would be fine.

The buyer doesn’t need to allow us to reply to his comment, why should he have to with reviews.
+1 Maybe another good solution would be to show a little reminder in case of low rating with subjects like “bugs”.

Something like “The author provides free support through XYZ”. Maybe is obvious, but I’m sure there’s some “blind” customer missing that fact.

11 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
wallpainter says

this is nice news. thank you.

377 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 2 000 000 - 4 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • United States
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+1 more
GoodLayers says

I think the dev should implement the system to contact buyer back when they leave their feedback ASAP…. As I mentioned before. We will never know how to contact back to them…. I recently got this message.

and it’s really annoying when I don’t know how to get back to them :(

Many other customers don’t have this problem and I myself can’t detect it as well..

471 posts (-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)
  • Elite Author
  • Mongolia
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
Themewaves says

I think the dev should implement the system to contact buyer back when they leave their feedback ASAP…. As I mentioned before. We will never know how to contact back to them…. I recently got this message.

Many other customers don’t have this problem and I myself can’t detect it as well..

+1

206 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Argentina
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
SurStudio says

+1

I happen to have the email of this person. If you’re interested, contact me.

292 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
crossroad says

+1 I happen to have the email of this person. If you’re interested, contact me.

Shouldn’t that be a confidential information and you should NOT distribute his/her email to ANYONE without his/her permission?

420 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • United Kingdom
Jaynesh says

Shouldn’t that be a confidential information and you should NOT distribute his/her email to ANYONE without his/her permission?

+1

How do you know who that is when the name is blurred out?

135 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Estonia
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
BonfireThemes says

+1

How do you know who that is when the name is blurred out?

The message appears to have been signed.

206 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Argentina
  • Exclusive Author
SurStudio says

Take it easy buddy. Seems like they will both benefit if they communicate.

by
by
by
by
by
by