• Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Cubell says

I recently received a 1 star rating that made me laugh:

“Extra comments from the buyer: Epic FAil – purchased and couldn’t install because css style sheet missing”

It’s so silly I have to laugh, especially after contacting Envato twice to get it removed, and no dice :)

P.s For people unfamiliar with Themeforest themes, when you download a theme, you have to extract the contents of the file you download, the actual theme file is inside, and that is what you install, if you try to install the Themeforest file directly, you will get that CSS error. Themeforest even wrote a guide about it http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/269 :)

7173 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

I hate this kind of bad feedback (and I’ve already received it three times):
I was expecting more features from it
But the list of features of my products is available on the description page and on the demo site, so, actually, I receive a bad feedback because the purchaser didn’t read the description or visit the demo site before purchasing my product. I think this kind of review should be flagged somehow.

actually that feedback translate to:

“I was expecting feature X but there isn’t included”

So you may have “more features” as long as you want you will still get that review probably if there are people who don’t read the description or don’t ask you if a certain feature is included.

For buyers, most of us author answer pre-sale questions. Don’t hesitate to ask us questions if you have doubts or you need clarifications. Our purpose is not to scam people :)

206 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Argentina
  • Exclusive Author
SurStudio says

I recently received a 1 star rating that made me laugh:

“Extra comments from the buyer: Epic FAil – purchased and couldn’t install because css style sheet missing”

It’s so silly I have to laugh, especially after contacting Envato twice to get it removed, and no dice :)

P.s For people unfamiliar with Themeforest themes, when you download a theme, you have to extract the contents of the file you download, the actual theme file is inside, and that is what you install, if you try to install the Themeforest file directly, you will get that CSS error. Themeforest even wrote a guide about it http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/269 :)

This is just a thought. Perhaps will be possible to place a css file, and create some script that will either warn the user; or even better, make the install of the theme, and remove non related files.

2 posts
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
pinchyourself says

Hi, I just bought a theme and I’d love to rate the author—it’s really awesome. The star ratings do not show up yet because there aren’t 5 of them. How do I get to the review box? I cannot figure out how to get to the ratings.

Thanks, Lisa

Hi again. Thanks for your thoughts so far. I just wanted to address a couple of things that have come up.
  1. The user name of the buyer giving a review will be visible to the author and the buyer will be made aware of this.
  2. There will be a minimum word count validation on the review to help reduce the likelihood of meaningless reviews.

In relation to “flagging” reviews for our internal teams to look at (like with comments and forum posts) – the feedback in a review will be private to the author only (which is different to comments). We also think that because the buyer giving the review will be visible to the author and that the buyer knows this, there are likely to be fewer “malicious” or “false” ratings. So for our launch authors will not have the ability to “flag” a review.

It is worth pointing out that we don’t think the issue of malicious/false ratings will be gone altogether but letting buyers know that the author will see their username when leaving a review will reduce this problem and may help increase the 86% of ratings that are already 4 or 5 stars (or reduce the small % of 1,2 and 3 star ratings if your prefer to look at it that way).
483 posts
  • Slovakia
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
LubosVolovar says

Hi, I just bought a theme and I’d love to rate the author—it’s really awesome. The star ratings do not show up yet because there aren’t 5 of them. How do I get to the review box? I cannot figure out how to get to the ratings.

You can rate under your account / downloads.

To staff: You really should allow to rate items from description page as many buyers are confused by this and I can’t blame them for that.

5753 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says

To staff: You really should allow to rate items from description page as many buyers are confused by this and I can’t blame them for that.

+1 For many reasons, buyers spend much time with item page than downloads page. So they should be able to rate there too.

2 posts
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
pinchyourself says

Thanks so much Lubos! Rating is in now.

by
by
by
by
by
by