Awesome feature!

5389 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

Awesome new feature. Personally I’m not that concerned with the ability to have a 2-way conversation. If you’re selling a quality product, poor ratings will usually happen because the buyer didn’t understand what they were purchasing or didn’t understand how to use it properly, and I’m not sure a conversation changes anything in these cases. But there are certainly instances where an item may have an obscure bug that would never be found without usage feedback, and so having another tool to capture this information is really fantastic :)

1388 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
fuelthemes says

Could we roll this quicker? :D

I am dealing with a customer with minimal English and does not know WordPress at all. Blames me for not being able to select a page template.

http://themeforest.net/item/exquisite-ultimate-newspaper-theme/6264019/comments#comment_5715417

I am pretty sure hes going to rate 1 :D

133 posts I make pretty things.
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
guuthemes says
Every marketplace user should have a ratings profile. If they are repeatedly shaming authors it should be traceable and knowable by all authors/buyers.

It’s imperative that the long-term goal of ratings is to establish accountability. Anonymity does not create honest systems. If a user does not want his rating public, then he cannot rate an item (like: Amazon).

These safeguards need to come to protect against competitors / angry buyers who use ratings to hurt an author.

Never has a more truer word been spoken.

413 posts
  • Located in Madagascar
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
metrothemes says

Good News :D

5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

Could we roll this quicker? :D

I am dealing with a customer with minimal English and does not know WordPress at all. Blames me for not being able to select a page template.

http://themeforest.net/item/exquisite-ultimate-newspaper-theme/6264019/comments#comment_5715417 I am pretty sure hes going to rate 1 :D

I had to laugh at

Actually I give up

LOL

443 posts
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+7 more
Jaynesh says

This is great news. If you plan on allowing us to flag unjustified reviews you should also consider adding a minimum word count. A detailed review outlining bugs and issues that justify the rating would probably be less likely to be flagged as opposed to something that says “asgsdf”.

508 posts Code is Poetry
  • Has referred 50+ members
+4 more
egemenerd says

http://themeforest.net/item/exquisite-ultimate-newspaper-theme/6264019/comments#comment_5715417 I am pretty sure hes going to rate 1 :D

Don’t worry, he probably can’t find the rating page :)

47 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Member of the Envato Team
+1 more
stewboon Envato team says

Hi again. Thanks for your thoughts so far. I just wanted to address a couple of things that have come up.

1. The user name of the buyer giving a review will be visible to the author and the buyer will be made aware of this.
  2. There will be a minimum word count validation on the review to help reduce the likelihood of meaningless reviews.

In relation to “flagging” reviews for our internal teams to look at (like with comments and forum posts) – the feedback in a review will be private to the author only (which is different to comments). We also think that because the buyer giving the review will be visible to the author and that the buyer knows this, there are likely to be fewer “malicious” or “false” ratings. So for our launch authors will not have the ability to “flag” a review.

It is worth pointing out that we don’t think the issue of malicious/false ratings will be gone altogether but letting buyers know that the author will see their username when leaving a review will reduce this problem and may help increase the 86% of ratings that are already 4 or 5 stars (or reduce the small % of 1,2 and 3 star ratings if your prefer to look at it that way).

by
by
by
by
by
by