• Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+3 more
ShermanJackson says

I need to meet and beat the life out of the 1star raters. Clearly the buyers should and must site reasons of their rating for 3stars and below. This could cost us sales.

684 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Indonesia
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Gembell says

Cooolllllll . . . . .

82 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
designmonstr says

Honestly I think it might be good from the buyers perspective but not that great for the authors. It’s just going to get difficult to get some sales. Let’s hope this turns out to be a good feature for everyone unless envato decides to go back to the previous one. Or Atleast it should be hidden and user can expand if needed. But as they land on the page, the first thing you will see is how many ONE stars are there.

209 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Argentina
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
SurStudio says

I’m not sure if now it’s not harder for buyers to make a decision – they have more and more variables to decide.

There isn’t enough transparency yet – I suggest when someone rate an item to automatically post a comment with it – good or bad – as a feedback which you can discuss. In this way you know who rate, the rating and you can ask for more feedback (if it’s needed).

Also there should be a better positioning for rate buttons – because clients need instructions and most of the time they give up because didn’t find them.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151325279696710
373 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
pixelgrade says

Honestly I think it might be good from the buyers perspective but not that great for the authors. It’s just going to get difficult to get some sales. Let’s hope this turns out to be a good feature for everyone unless envato decides to go back to the previous one. Or Atleast it should be hidden and user can expand if needed. But as they land on the page, the first thing you will see is how many ONE stars are there.

True! I think this feature it’s helpful for us – authors (only if we know the author and can talk to him) but I do not see any good reasons to show it for clients.

Is it helpful when you have a 1×1* + 1×5* rating and the average is 3? Is it helpful for the client that you don’t have 1×2 + 1*4 rating or something ? :)

1373 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Tuvalu
dekurvajo says

Absolutely amazing feature. Oh my GOD i can’t believe it… how looong we waited for this, how lon, how many threads, +100000’s and so on. And it’s here. I so happy like a chimp with his own banana… \o/

@ShermanJackson: don’t even spend your energy for them. Now its clearly visible if they are trolls or not. When you see 100 five-star, and 2 one-star rating, who cares anymore? :D

213 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
vaisnava says

I think it looks ugly and prefer the old simple one. There seems to be almost too much information it is kind of confusing.

I also think that people should have to leave a comment to leave a rating… So then authors can learn. :)

913 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Superstar
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • South Africa
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+1 more
joiaco says

Absolutely amazing feature. Oh my GOD i can’t believe it… how looong we waited for this, how lon, how many threads, +100000’s and so on. And it’s here. I so happy like a chimp with his own banana… \o/

@ShermanJackson: don’t even spend your energy for them. Now its clearly visible if they are trolls or not. When you see 100 five-star, and 2 one-star rating, who cares anymore? :D

+1 That lonely little 1 star rating under all the 5s could be someone who misunderstood what s/he was buying, so it didn’t fit the requirement; or it could be a competitor who spent a few dollars to bring down a rating? What surprises me is the low number of buyers who come back to rate. I hope the follow up email fixes this. It would be a win-win situation if buyers would leave a comment to guide me to improvements, and to inform other potential buyers of the problems they had. Some complaints may not be relevant to other buyers.

209 posts
  • Argentina
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
SurStudio says

A new month is about to start. Would be great if Authors post a little statistic about their sales, so we can see the new system impact. Could be something like this:

• May: ???
  • April: 85
  • March: 69
  • February: 63

Would be even greater if Envato posts a global statistic too.

1838 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+3 more
ShermanJackson says

I think we should be allowed to enter in a dispute against those who rate our items 1 or 2 stars. Microlancer has a dispute option and I feel we should have one here too.

If a buyer rates 1 star and provides a reason and if it’s an invalid reason we should be allowed to dispute it. It’s not fair for trollers to spoil our happiness.

by
by
by
by
by
by