• Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Argentina
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
SurStudio says

[Fair suggestion]

If an Item would have 5 Stars on the old system, then drop those 1 Star ratings, and recalculate the average.

203 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
biyanpasau says

meme

1373 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Tuvalu
dekurvajo says

@biyanpasau:
LOL! good one. :D

AmigoProductions
AmigoProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
142 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
AmigoProductions says

meme

HAHA :bigwink: Really made me laugh here!

830 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
YD-LABS says

Well 5 star ratings goes down to 4.5 4 star ratings goes down to 3.5 what is happening..?

But 3 star rating increase to 3.5 (for this I will give +1). Am I happy? with 3 stars to 3.5?

No!

what about 5 to 4.5 & 4 to 3.5

& I don’t think it will help us (authors) in wrong run. When it’s about visible rating system.

A buyer give 5 star rating for one of my item & another buyer give 1 star rating. Why? May be another buyer don’t know how to use that item.

Many times buyers buy an item (for eg. a psd file) but don’t know how to use Photoshop. They msg you via your profile page & ask you to customize that item & tell you if you do it I’ll give you 5 star rating. & it’s 100% true. If you customize they give you 5 stars (I am not sure they do). But if you don’t (you can imagine)

I am sure it will affect our sales, I’ll prefer the old rating system.

Thanks

1373 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Tuvalu
dekurvajo says

@YD-LABS: None of the buyers will think if you have 20five, 5four, and 1 or 2one star rating your item is bad. Moreover his conclusion will be 5, because thats the majority. Do you think buyers don’t know that there are some people in this world, who can not be satisfied because it’s their standard attitude. Every market just like this. Just sell ice-cream, or do a restaurant, vegetables, or anything. You will always meet those people. Europe, Asia, Africa, or the North pole whatever, does not matter. It’s human behaviour.

256 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
corrella says

I think we should be allowed to enter in a dispute against those who rate our items 1 or 2 stars. Microlancer has a dispute option and I feel we should have one here too. If a buyer rates 1 star and provides a reason and if it’s an invalid reason we should be allowed to dispute it. It’s not fair for trollers to spoil our happiness.
I had the same thought. This would really help us to remove “bugs” or make an easier description. I recognized that especially InDesign files have often 2 or 1 star rating. And I think it has something to do with buyers low experience with the program. And some of them blame it on the file.
1837 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+3 more
ShermanJackson says

I think we should be allowed to enter in a dispute against those who rate our items 1 or 2 stars. Microlancer has a dispute option and I feel we should have one here too. If a buyer rates 1 star and provides a reason and if it’s an invalid reason we should be allowed to dispute it. It’s not fair for trollers to spoil our happiness.
I had the same thought. This would really help us to remove “bugs” or make an easier description. I recognized that especially InDesign files have often 2 or 1 star rating. And I think it has something to do with buyers low experience with the program. And some of them blame it on the file.

Absolutely!

1730 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+5 more
SamBerson says

Greate feature.

Something I noticed on some of my items:

When I check out my 4.5-5 star rated items, there is a single buyer who rated 1 or 2 stars and I ask myself why do I need to suffer this low rating because a total noob purchased one of my items and had no clue how to edit it eventhough it’s 100% simple and organized and didn’t even bother to ask for help. Just shows that there are people with zero (0) knowledge in photoshop that I prefer they stay out of my portfolio. Just ain’t worth the purchase.

This can hurt sales especially for items with only few ratings (+3), for example:

\\

I totally agree with you, there’ll be some people who think it’s funny to rate it low and ruin our reputations.

7177 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+1 more
doru says

I’ve looked around some of the items.

Is depressing, :(

people buy a product, then get angry for some reason (usually has nothing to do with the item) rate one star, with the idea they can do some damage to the author.

But there are a lot of buyers who rate correctly, and that’s a good thing.

Just a minor note: I don’t like how the info is present, it takes to much space and just pushes down the more important “item info box”. This may increase the probability of buyers not reading this information and buying an item that is not exactly what they want from a technically point of view. Just more support resources wasted at this point.

by
by
by
by
by
by