1611 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Bedros says

Why is the new rating section so wide?

Can ratings be that informative about the quality of an item.?

No.

Especially when it comes to software we are trying to sell to buyers which some of them think they will buy an item from here and everything will be 100% ready for them.?

I think the new system affects buyer psychology more negative than the previous system, especially with those breakdown rating bars.

1791 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

One star rating shouldn’t even count, I mean, c’mon, it’s almost impossible to bring an item to 5* after you get several 1* because the buyers are noobs. Just the fact that they passed the whole review system proves they’re not one star themes.

Just my 2 cents.

Btw, a review system with comments would be PERFECT!

103 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
yaniv-k says

This new feature shows us what we knew all the time…that someone wanted to damage our success, it can be either a bad buyer or a jealous author…. if you asking me its the same trolls that ripped our items into the pirates sites!! but it doesn’t matter who is behind this, its matter what we can do about it and this is a problem for Envato staff that should take care at this, as suggested by others in this thread make sure that there is no option to rate 1-2 stars without a decent reason and you should have a comments section for the rating to expose the buyers :notfunny:

128 posts I make pretty things.
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
guuthemes says

This new feature shows us what we knew all the time…that someone wanted to damage our success, it can be either a bad buyer or a jealous author…. if you asking me its the same trolls that ripped our items into the pirates sites!! but it doesn’t matter who is behind this, its matter what we can do about it and this is a problem for Envato staff that should take care at this, as suggested by others in this thread make sure that there is no option to rate 1-2 stars without a decent reason and you should have a comments section for the rating to expose the buyers :notfunny:

Totally second that thought. Unfortunately there are many noobs (WordPress what?!?) that just whack you with a one star because they have no clue about WordPress, let alone using the theme to install into it.

Like mentioned, 1 or 2 stars needs to be followed by comments, so the mods can view something like “It says style.css is missing, it’s broken, that’s why it got 1 star”, and for the mods then to act accordingly before the rating is given.

thanks

951 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+6 more
3Ddym says

This is awesome man! nice work

118 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+4 more
aitor72 says

Great feature! One suggestion though, the page must provide comment section if a buyer want to rate an item 1 or 2 stars so we know his reason to give the low rating.
+1
307 posts Mad Dog
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
mad_dog says

Taking too much space… +1 for the 1 or 2 stars comments.

58 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
maarcin says

Would be nice to see which author gave us what rate. It would help to save time for those 1 star heros. And of course description of the rate should be must right now.

Any ideas when this will be added?

1275 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+8 more
Pricop says

1/2 stars should be removed, some of them just try to harm, my featured Item is the perfect example for this, also toggle everything and let only the overall stars available.

99 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
manserro5 says

I don’t like it.

by
by
by
by