5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+2 more
salamagd Envato team says
UPDATE: We’re extending Trending throughout all categories, portfolios, and item pages. Please see/read our update here.

Hi everyone,

Giancarlo here from the Search and Discovery team! I’m very excited to announce two very exciting features on Envato Market that we think you’re going to enjoy! First of all, we’ve just launched Trending. We’ve finally built a solution to show buyers what items are currently trending across our marketplaces. We’re also about to launch in a few days a brand new recommendations engine. We wanted to give you a heads-up about it however before we launch this update.

For full details, please see our blog post below:

READ FULL ARTICLE:
Introducing Trending and Recommendations on Envato Market

We’d love to hear your feedback about these two new features as we know exposure to items is something our authors have been very passionate and vocal about. We hope this is a positive first step towards a greater experience across Envato Market and we sincerely want to thank you for your patience while we researched and built these solutions. Enjoy!

abhimanyusharma003
abhimanyusharma003 Recent Posts Threads Started
678 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+1 more
abhimanyusharma003 says

This looks awesome.

It’s nice to see changes are coming. :)

1476 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
LumenMedia says

Good feature, i hope all authors will benefit from it.

283 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
sightsignal says

Reading that full article was a bit scary… this sounds like a perfect way to get already popular items even more time in the spotlight… I’m pretty sure buyers will like it, but I don’t see how this is good for all authors. Where’s a proper search function with useful filters? :/

100 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
JollyThemes says

Excellent Features :) Really helpful for all new good selling items… Thanks a lot for adding amazing features.. Envato Keep Rcoking :D

3732 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

Just in the last few days there have been 2 threads asking for better targeted items shown after you buy something. Yay!

3102 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Moderator says

wow! That looks like quite a big new feature. Yay devs!

edit: is it easy to add a new webtrends flag to trending search result clicks so we can see if one of our items is trending through analytics? Like WT.trending=1 or something?

547 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+1 more
lemega says

Reading that full article was a bit scary… this sounds like a perfect way to get already popular items even more time in the spotlight… I’m pretty sure buyers will like it, but I don’t see how this is good for all authors. Where’s a proper search function with useful filters? :/

Yes, looks like another “What’s Shaking on the Hill”-Feature.

5 posts
  • Located in Australia
+2 more

wow! That looks like quite a big new feature. Yay devs!

edit: is it easy to add a new webtrends flag to trending search result clicks so we can see if one of our items is trending through analytics? Like WT.trending=1 or something?

Hey dtbaker, really glad you’re liking it! I think that should be possible, I’ll confirm for you but can’t see any reason why we won’t be able to add that in.

5 posts
  • Located in Australia
+2 more

Hey sightsignal, that’s definitely not our intention with his feature. We appreciate the concerns that authors have about getting exposure to their new items, and Trending, among others, is an attempt to get more exposure to items that have had a little bit of interest and are just beginning their climb towards popularity, rather than rewarding just the items that are already at the top of the tree. We’re still tweaking the knobs, and will be continuing to do so over the next few weeks, to make sure that this is actually being reflected.

With regard to your wishes for additional functionality around search, I can’t say too much but I think you’ll be pleased with some additional releases we’ll be making in the not too distant future.

by
by
by
by
by
by