85 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Wpsmart says

This awesome, Thanks Very much Envato :)

619 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
+7 more
simonswiss says

Reading that full article was a bit scary… this sounds like a perfect way to get already popular items even more time in the spotlight… I’m pretty sure buyers will like it, but I don’t see how this is good for all authors.

I strongly believe this could help smaller fishes to get noticed. The following quote:

We’re able to calculate the “trending-ness” of an item by looking at how excitement levels have increased or decreased recently, and translating this into a score which we can use to compare items with each other.

tells me that if you have a small item, but it’s doing pretty good on a specific week, it should rank higher than a huge item that sold 900 times this week, but did also sell 900 times the week before and the one before that (we all know who i am talking about :) ).

I think this is a good new feature – thank you envato – and i am loving the amount of new implementations that have happened lately. Good work, keep going on the smooth transition of the market-places- into one beautiful, efficient one-stop-shop.

5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Member of the Envato Team
+2 more
salamagd Envato team says

tells me that if you have a small item, but it’s doing pretty good on a specific week, it should rank higher than a huge item that sold 900 times this week, but did also sell 900 times the week before and the one before that (we all know who i am talking about :) ).

Yep, that’s exactly the intention for this feature :)

288 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
sightsignal says

Have in mind the full article illustrates the “Trending” feature by using two items that are (and have been) currently up high in the Popular Items pages of themeforest… this may have confused my brain about the purpose of this feature. Guess I have to see it working live to understand…!

Anyway, good to know about those mysterious, search-related, additional releases in the not too distant future. :)

6029 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

The Trending part is something essential here, thanks for the implementation. If it works correctly, we should see atleast a slight increment of new items entry on weekly popular page.

Regarding Recommendations, as long as it doesn’t rely on sales number at any point, that’s safe. Thanks again.

220 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
SurStudio says

Regarding Recommendations, as long as it doesn’t rely on sales number at any point, that’s safe.
...as buyers interact with an item, by viewing it, purchasing it or rating it highly, we accumulate these interactions into a level of measured excitement that tracks changes over time.
6029 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Regarding Recommendations, as long as it doesn’t rely on sales number at any point, that’s safe.
...as buyers interact with an item, by viewing it, purchasing it or rating it highly, we accumulate these interactions into a level of measured excitement that tracks changes over time.

That was described for Trending part. That’s fine and we need.

When it comes to Recommendations, the sales number isn’t something ideal since we already have many pages to recommend based on sales.

(Trending and Recommendations are different features both unrelated)

1316 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
ImanGM says

Hey,

It’s a great feature and I believe it’s a great way to let good new items be seen even more. Thank you guys for your hard work :)

Cheers,
Iman

79 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
bluexmusic says

Very cool ideas, I’m excited to see how this plays out! :)

521 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
phpbits says

Cool! Can you please add that to our portfolio page also? So that we can view our items that are trending :) . Thanks

Cheers!

by
by
by
by
by
by