508 posts stylewish.org
  • Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Winner
  • Bundle Boss
  • Freebie
+10 more
styleWish
says

Cool! I can see some of my items has a thunderbolt icon in search results :)

368 posts
  • Affiliate Level 4
  • Author Level 8
  • Collector Level 2
  • Elite Author
+5 more
visualkicks
says

Cool! I can see some of my items has a thunderbolt icon in search results :)

Ahhh, right now I see ;)

1882 posts
  • Affiliate Level 4
  • Author Level 9
  • Beta Tester
  • Collector Level 4
+7 more
Anps
says

Good to see things moving. Not sure about this lightning bolt, it still needs much improvements and with adding new features down the road map in combination with them it could be useful, at the moment when you see that bolt how do you know what is about?

Just tested on our dev’s and nobody even noticed there is something new. Will you be advertising this more?

For now the sales number still steals all the attention in my opinion :)

With the search/filtering options in the future together this would be cool.

But as I sad happy to see things moving.

2234 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Featured Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
Bedros
says

Exposure is already hit with the new homepage design, especially for new items. All we want is equal exposure right for all authors, and those “bolt” icons for trending items are not helping. It shouldn’t be a “rich to be richer and vice-versa” approach.

642 posts
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 4
  • Copyright Ninja
  • Featured Author
+2 more
bosone
says

it seems cool, indeed, but i noticed that the majority of trending items have already hundreds, if not thousands, of sales. very very few items have less than 50 sales. so, the idea might be cool, but i suppose it will be another feature to let sell even more the people/items that already have a lot of sales.

i would suggest to limit the possibility of “trending items” to the ones that acutally need to be boosted/noticed. maybe, in order to be trending, an item should have less than some hundred sales (200-300)?

57 posts
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Author Level 5
  • Collector Level 1
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
lukepostulka
says

It would be lovely for authors to see theirs items rating index.

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

i would suggest to limit the possibility of “trending items” to the ones that acutally need to be boosted/noticed. maybe, in order to be trending, an item should have less than some hundred sales (200-300)?

I think Trending can be restricted by date (time span), rather than sales. Because, from buyer’s point of view, anything accelerating and new should’t be omitted. In fact their preference would be relatively high sales – new items. I guess this area will boost “non-popular while having potential” items.

3804 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 11
  • Trendsetter
  • 7 Years of Membership
+12 more
KrownThemes
says

I think Trending can be restricted by date (time span), rather than sales. Because, from buyer’s point of view, anything accelerating and new should’t be omitted. In fact their preference would be high sales – new items.

This is how it works from what i see. It doesn’t have anything to do with sales as bosone said.. It has to do with sales on a certain period. See here for example:

http://themeforest.net/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=restaurant

The first item has over 5000 sales, more than double compared to next two ones, but it’s not trending, simply because it’s an old item. The other items are trending because they’re hot right now. And you can see in that page that it doesn’t have anything to do with total number of sales.

Limiting trending items to a few sales would defeat the feature’s purpose.

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

^ Yes, right now it works correctly for the purpose it made. Distinguishes which ones moving well now and doesn’t flatly rely on overall popularity.

by
by
by
by
by
by