Awesome! :)

154 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
3eka says
How about new support service, here’s a hint? :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsqJ5G4wW7o&list=PLVL8S3lUHf0TSQ969YzlGNSHdXozUPP6l&index=10

Oh, great news :)

89 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Won the Envato Football Cup
+1 more
damirkotoric Envato team says

Good to see things moving. Not sure about this lightning bolt, it still needs much improvements and with adding new features down the road map in combination with them it could be useful, at the moment when you see that bolt how do you know what is about?

Hey Anps. I’m the designer on the search team and decided to go with the bolt as the solution to communicating trending items. I agree with the concerns you’ve brought up. While working on this new feature I really came to understand the limitations of our current search results list and grid designs. Given the restrictions I believe it is a good solution but I also think that we will need to take a bigger picture look at how we display search results because we are reaching the limits of how much we can tweak the current design.

89 posts
+1 more

Just had this idea which would be useful for the search, since results are jumbled around. This would be a nice exposure boost to new items, highlight what’s trending / moving up and also show what’s popular – hot sellers. \\

Thanks digital science. That is the thinking we had as well. It did bring up the question of “what if an item is both new and trending and [some other achievement]?” With this implementation we would only be able to display one of these at a time. We may go ahead in a similar direction to what you have hear for the short-term.

89 posts
+1 more

I see people cheating the thumbnail :D Right now you can’t see the diference, if browsing in grid format. Here is an example: \\
OMG, already? Some people are way too fast to “hack” the system… :/

sigh

6026 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

@damirkotoric, That’s not a hack. The screenshot is showing just the grid view.

Due to this thread conversation, someone’s item thumbnail unnecessarily earns a bad name.

65 posts MeanThemes
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+7 more
meanthemes says

This is a fantastic idea and I’ve just found out that one of my items is trending, with only a handful of sales – probably because of all the excited people on the comments!

But… you don’t know an item is trending from your portfolio and you don’t as a customer know an item is trending at all unless you use the search.

Are you planning on bringing trending icons to all views? Homepage/Listing/Portfolio or is it only for search?

I’m not sure how many people use the search over just trawling through the relevant category pages but it feels like the extra “exposure” boost for showing a trending item is going to pass a lot of customers by that don’t use the search.

1188 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Smartik says

@damirkotoric as @VF said, that’s just an example how some may hack the thumb and nobody will be able to see that it’s fake if browsing in grid mode. The item from example is trending for real. :)

@VF, sorry. I’ve blured the name and other details.

anchor_point_heshan
anchor_point_heshan Recent Posts Threads Started
324 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
anchor_point_heshan says

Reading that full article was a bit scary… this sounds like a perfect way to get already popular items even more time in the spotlight… I’m pretty sure buyers will like it, but I don’t see how this is good for all authors. Where’s a proper search function with useful filters? :/

Yes of course this will promote again the popular items, the other items will be hidden and will make lower sales, I think this will not going to be an author friendly one according to what I feel….. feel scary

115 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
erwin_schro says

Just clicked a link of this trending page from marketing newsletter i got, and it seems some items got double exposure, one in page 4 then shows up again in page 5. I noticed it for 2 items.

Not sure if this an error or intentional or the magic behind trending ‘query’.

by
by
by
by
by
by