• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Community Moderator
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+6 more
Reaper-Media Volunteer moderator says
Check out Parker & Kent. Two guys who collaborate on everything on their own. I think this is the way to go. Get a kick a team together and sell under a new account.

I have seen bundles before on FlashDen. I know one author who bundled a bunch of Flash templates together.

Edit: 50 beat me to it…

When a good designer and a good coder come together beautiful things happen :D
+1… true… Very true. :)

109 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
d3luxxxe says

Bundles are definitely Great idea!

Plus + from me ;)

308 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
BrianCoyDesign says

-1 for automatic bundling as it takes control out of the authors hands and takes the value of the items down.

HOWEVER ; +1 for allowing the author/creater the ability to bundle their own items across market places.

When I purchase files/sell items I’d love to get/sell a flash item from flash den, a vector from graphic river and a PSD template from theme forest.

I’d love to be able to sell things that way as an author.

2715 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
+3 more
DanielKeller says
HOWEVER ; +1 for allowing the author/creater the ability to bundle their own items across market places.

authors already make that…. they upload packages, like a music pack, 10 loops for $20 as example…. or a flash template package, a transition package and so on and so on

I agree that bundles take the files down… thats not so good, as that means a buyer would get a percentage of the usual price cause of the reason he buy more

988 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Turkey
  • Won a Competition
thomas07 says

I believe bundles wont work that well (atleast for most buyers) as what we sell here is micro stock and people come to buy this what they need at that moment. Their expections are to get the product they need at most low cost and use on their recent project. There are less people who will buy something they think, they may need it in future just coz the “item preview” or the “demo” looks so cool. Most buyers will bookmark single items they think is something they may need at later date and come to buy it when the time comes. Offering non-packaged items is always a big advantage for potential sale…i have tested that with some if my items…even bundled items from the same product type doesnt work well. Example, if i have bundled a package of 10 backgrounds and there is 1 or 2 backgrounds the buyer like in the package, i may lose the sale…the buyer may not purchaise my package simply of the fact that the package cost is a few $ more than normal single item. So my packaged items make less to no sales and single items get purchaised…thats of cource based on my personal experiences here.

As for the 1st idea…this is great suggestion, i have already seen some authors collaborations on ThemeForest (2 authors…1 designer and 1 programmer using the same profile) and i think this works great.

2715 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
+3 more
DanielKeller says

I remember dxc381 is also an collaboration of a graphic designer and a flash developer

900 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
CheshireCat says

Thats quite a good point you have there Thomas about bundles and buyers needs. I suppose the only way around it would be to give the author the ability to ‘tag’ certain files so to speak with ‘available to bundle’ that way if a buyer does like afew files from one particular author they can bundle, however if they do just wish to buy individually they can have that option.

But part of me thinks, heck these files are cheap enough, should we really be offering discount for multiple purchases…hmmm I dunno Im half and half.

900 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
CheshireCat says
I remember dxc381 is also an collaboration of a graphic designer and a flash developer

I thought that was just Lance, wasnt aware he was working alongside anyone else.

988 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Turkey
  • Won a Competition
thomas07 says
But part of me thinks, heck these files are cheap enough, should we really be offering discount for multiple purchases…hmmm I dunno Im half and half.

i agree, envato’s items are not to beat on cost (sometimes even very low based on cost=quality) and i dont see a reason to offer discounts. Idealy buyers purchaise items they need under single use license and this way get their own bundle :D

900 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
CheshireCat says
Idealy buyers purchaise items they need under single use license and this way get their own bundle :D

Agreed :)

by
by
by
by
by
by