• Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

They have fixed the search !!! YEY!!!

Now if you search for a “Scary logo” all you get is matched relevant scary logoes!!!

amazing job. Love it.

but if you switch to sort by sales and then get back to best matches you don’t get the same result as when you did the search.

also, sort by sales gives you irrelevant results. no scary logos but just logos in general

1602 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
cyzer says

Actually the search is still bad… top results are in most cases worthless

5025 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+6 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Is not a simple solution just have the abilty to use and, or and not in the search (maybe parentheses too)? The results for “scary” and “logo” are very different to “scary” or “logo”. And if we could use (“blue” and “scary” and “logo”) or (“blue” and “logo”) or (“scary” and “logo”) and then privilege the results to the order of the terms as entered…. now we’re getting somewhere.

I know it’s all a bit math, and not very user-fluffy-friendly, but it’s a lot user-friendlier than a search that doesn’t work, and I think most users actually have a bit more nous than they’re generally given credit for.

2038 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Germany
+2 more
Creattive says

not sure if this is related to your “simplify”-process here, but the portfolio pages are missing the grid-list-view buttons.

Now people on graphicriver cannot download their items anymore, or edit them from the portfolio. In the Visual Refresh thread people are already complaining: http://videohive.net/forums/message/go_to/986330
12 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
Veented says

I’ve also noticed a huge difference in the search results for my themes aswell (like drop from 1st place for a certain tag to almost second page of results). In the wrong way of course. Sales have been TRULY slow since the search update.

Can we have any updates on this?

FJ.

1 post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
platypop says

Hi Envato Team. Thanks for all the hard work you’ve been putting towards improving the site. I do like a lot of the changes. Unfortunately the changes to search, seem to have severely broken search results.

For example, my “Phone Kit 5s App Video Kit” which was one of the top selling (both in rate and volume) iPhone related templates and within the top 5 of the previous search results for “iPhone” is now found near the bottom of the 3rd page. The worst part, is that I cannot understand where the logic for the new search results comes from. It seems to weigh heavily on: 1. Strangely, old templates that don’t seem relevant or popular are now popping ahead of alot of previously better selling templates. 2. Items that actually contain “iPhone” .. which makes sense to me except that I was told to strike the word ” iPhone” from my product title when I initially submitted it. Yet I see that the top results contain newer projects that contain that word. Have the rules changed?

The jumbling of the search results not only applies to me, but is extremely evident for a lot of other sellers as seen from the above comments. One of your highest selling Videohive templates ever (again both in volume and rate in the category), Ex7Reme’s “Tablet Commercial” seems to have practically disappeared off results for “iPad”, whereas it used to be within the top 3,(once again giving preference to items that were allowed to have the words “iPad” in the title.) not to mention it has likewise been pushed down severely for searches of “Tablet”

Here are my two recommendations:

1. Disable the new search until all issues are resolved. Maybe you can even beta test the new search amongst certain users who could opt-in until it is fixed. I’d definitely be more than happy to help.

2. Clarify rules for trademarked names like “iPhone” or “iPad” so we can have a fair playing field across the board.

As it is, these issues are making it incredibly unfair not just for me but for, I feel, many of the sellers on this site. Please roll back search and allow the issues involved to be addressed first. I’m sure many of us would be happy to help you out with this.

1602 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
cyzer says

new search is bad :( sales noticeably dropped

236 posts Marketplace Developer
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • New Zealand
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
madlep Dev says

There is something wrong with search results… I type the word “health” or “gym” to find my products (I won’t advertise which) and I see a huge drop like dozens of positions in search results (goes hand in hand with drop in sales). But when I change default sorting (Best Match) to e.g. Sales and then back to Best Match the list of results is quite different and my items are on the same positions (or similar) as usual.

Yup. There is a bug that’s occurred in the last 1/2 day or so where the search order got messed up.

Will be deploying a fix for it shortly.

101 posts quanticalabs.com
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
QuanticaLabs says

Thank you madlep!

322 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Romania
QBKL says

No matter how much we praise the logic of the new search, the pretty simple thing is that when you’re searching for “whatever_word” and the item whose name is “whatever_word” and is a quite well selling items, is only on the second page by best-match, something got f-ed up in the search process. And this, along with the new design are starting to generate 50-75% drops in sales which are very frustrating.

by
by
by
by
by
by