228 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
BetaMotion says

My comment is not about losing sales.

(Actually I can still see the sort arrow?)

My comment is about stagnation for several years. Many users said it before, I will say it again: We have pages full of useful features, lists with about 30 items that are important and actually should be standard since 2010.

Instead of doing anything useful/requested, devs do senseless things like this simplify process here nobody asked for or has high priority (given that search functionality is not on todays standards). On top of that, devs spent their time with redundant things like adding/removing features and then reverting them back some days after.

This is not the fault of one dev only as I’m sure the commands for this come from higher above. Nevertheless, keeping their devs busy like trained monkeys to do useless stuff is nothing I think is needed from envato, better use these great peoples and their skills to do something that is requested.

Posts like mine are getting very old, so I won’t post again to discourage any dev who is just following senseless orders. Sorry for that Damir! It doesn’t change anything anyway.

Just for a better understanding, I will write my thoughts to Damir’s post:

We listened to the community and now we’re going to fix that mistake.

You didn’t listen in the first place, you do something nobody wanted, had asked for, is low-priority. Then, it took you several days to add the fix to your mistakes (that wasn’t needed in the first place) to your todo-list after the community told you it already on the first pages of this thread (e.g. right after we get to know of it).

We’re working on changing the marketplaces for the better…

It would be good to start with the essential, needed and requested things, if you really want to improve the marketplace. It just doesn’t fit in my head how removing a sort function, and then asking the user to go to last page and go backwards, is in anyway “improving” the marketplaces.

Comments like yours only make it harder for us to open up to mistakes and fix them.

I’m sorry for discouraging you, but I still think it is better to leave the marketplaces alone when the only alternative your bosses can think of are removing more features…

It wouldn’t hurt to offer a word of encouragement when we humbly take on board the opinions of our community.

I still would like to know where the opinions of your community were taken on board? When we hear from you in a thread like this, we get confronted with already made decisions and we can only inform you how bad and unnecessary these decisions were in the first place. If you want to pretend to take the community’s opinion on board, then ask them for their opinion before, not after you decide something.

For a word of encouragement I’m afraid you are 3-5 years too late. I have to say it again, this is not about you Damir, this cannot be about one person, this is about the whole company and how it is doing things. I know my words are discouraging but I have not more to offer as all our opinions and suggestions we made in good faith are ignored, while only our complain-posts are getting honored with an answer and blaming us to be negative.

I just don’t have any hope left so I will not post anymore as I do understand that this is discouraging for the people on the end of the chain who are not the ones to blame for this mess.

I don’t expect this post to change anything you do, there will always be some new authors who still have hope that this company will get back to good decisions for both their business partners and themselves, and I hope you can get encouragement from their word. but anyone who is longer here and reading the forums has already understood that all we can expect from envato is disappointment, useless decisions, hurting small authors and adding ads to all pages.

+1

89 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Won the Envato Football Cup
+1 more
damirkotoric Envato team says

The feedback tool is now live for all signed in users who are included in the new PhotoDune search results page test. Check it out here:

http://photodune.net/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=dog
musiquesynthetique
musiquesynthetique Recent Posts Threads Started
135 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
musiquesynthetique says

The feedback tool is now live for all signed in users who are included in the new PhotoDune search results page test. Check it out here: http://photodune.net/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=dog

@hello damirkotoric,

In the initial posting it looked like the goal was to eliminate that second search field; is that not the plan any longer?

It’s frustrating trying to figure out how to move items up in TWO search queries, neither of which can be considered accurate to begin with.

Can you make this thread sticky? This is important information.

When will this roll out to other sites, like AudioJungle?

Thanks for all you do!

7606 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

gif feedback!! :D

7606 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

you should add that feedback system on other parts of the website. very nice :)

2301 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Creattive says

Cool thing, I just gave my feedback. I’m not sure if this came with the recent change but I scrolled down the first page of the search results and looked at this:

\\

Now… who thinks there are 30 more pages with the last line of pics not filled and this huge microlancer ad thrown in before the pagination?

688 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
videologio says

The first time I believed that too! even if I am an author and I spend 3 hours daily at videohive.

1621 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

VIDEOHIVE:

OK now I am back with some sad news. Search is a mess again… Check this out… the results of

“Travel Opener” TOP RESULTS BEST MATCH:

http://videohive.net/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=travel+opener"

OR

“Cinema Opener” TOP RESULTS BEST MATCH:

http://videohive.net/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=cinema+opener

What is going on ?!?? Why the search just CANT perform in a correct decent way? Why the sales are so incosistent and so low again.

6026 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

What is going on ?!?? Why the search just CANT perform in a correct decent way? Why the sales are so incosistent and so low again.

@Staff: Emergency Need:

In the search filter, please add the check boxes that says “Title only”, “Description only” etc. Otherwise, it is horrible to live with the current / day by day improving search system.

When you miss the obvious, listening to community voice isn’t going to help anyone.

2301 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Creattive says

to be fair, the top results still do have travel in their tags or description. So, in theory, the search is doing the right thing and does not display results with only one matchword as a top result.

by
by
by
by
by
by