3970 posts After Effects Templates
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 500+ members
+9 more
miseld says

Thanks for the info Damir and nice Video on YT :)

104 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Won the Envato Football Cup
+1 more
damirkotoric Envato team says

Just to clarify, we will be A/B testing these changes before rolling them out to everyone. The A/B tests will start in a couple of days. Probably should’ve mentioned that in the initial post :/

149 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
sebastianjacobs says

I love the new features. :)

7794 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
doru says

not in the 50% :( will provide more detailed feedback when I will test the search results

is a good thing to simply stuff while improving the usability. Frankly expecting the user to click on the last page if they want the item with minor price is not good usability. From what I’ve seen you moved from drop down menu to tabs. Note that another part of the dev team looks like is moving away from tabs.

While the filter search box was essentially searching for multiple words, removing it just because we can search for these words from the beginning is not a good thing. It should be replaced with a more powerful filter results functionality.

I was using this filter box on photodune for example. I would enter a term (woman) while I see the results I may find from the previews some suggestions on additional search terms (red dress), then again some more on the fly ideas may pop up in the mind looking at the the results.

Now how it was is not enough but at least it provided some additional value, we need a powerful filter down functionality not no filter at all. Did the team works on a filter search that will be released in the future?

The most important thing is off course to get meaningful results. Is this part improved in this release?

443 posts
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+7 more
Jaynesh says

Not sure if related to this latest update but the rating have been playing up.

and the item ratings are also being rounded down. One of my items with 4.72 (5 full stars) is now 4.5.

1878 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

...Frankly expecting the user to click on the last page if they want the item with minor price is not good usability…

+1, how about adding an arrow to the active tab like this:

3610 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

...Frankly expecting the user to click on the last page if they want the item with minor price is not good usability…

+1000 it’s a no-brainer.

6088 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

+1. Without giving an idea about how the full set of search system will work, the “juggle what already exists” kind of approach doesn’t have any meaning. There are no “full set of changes” planned for search?

563 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
kriskorn says

+1000 it’s a no-brainer.

Absolutely agree with Ruben. Can some of the devs elaborate on how is it good usability, when a user needs to figure out that he/she needs to go to the last page and scroll all the way down to get the lowest priced item ?

Thank you!

Not sure if related to this latest update but the rating have been playing up. and the item ratings are also being rounded down. One of my items with 4.72 (5 full stars) is now 4.5.
If I remember correctly, then 4.75 & up = 5 and 4.74 and down = 4.5
104 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Won the Envato Football Cup
+1 more
damirkotoric Envato team says

@doru and co: feedback noted regarding poor usability of new buttons. Will discuss amongst the team. @freshface thanks for the suggestion. I’ll take that idea into account.

@Jaynesh the changes mentioned in this thread are completely separate to the updates done to the rating system. Please post your comment here: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/new-feature-providing-authors-feedback-on-ratings/120525

by
by
by
by
by
by