• Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Germany
+3 more
Creattive says

If you use CodeCanyon or ThemeForest, you can consider using the advanced search and filtering system on Marketopia.net :)

You guys just managed what envato failed to do for years. How long did it take you?

Please do this for videohive too.

But your statistics page looks pretty made up to me. Total amount of dollars spent is just increasing every second by 1. Also, the dollars spent for last month overall value doesn’t match with the chart. (6mio vs 11 mio)

Why don’t you put your referral links in? You can make a lot of money with that and your effort should really be revenued

5767 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

If you use CodeCanyon or ThemeForest, you can consider using the advanced search and filtering system on Marketopia.net :)

@Staffs:

Please look at this search and filters. This is what you managed to avoid for 4+ years and still dragging successfully. (draaaaagging is an achievement in one point of view)

[Read the below with angry tone]
At this rate of delays, I would’t be surprised if someday you guys remove the entire search facilities and answer “Since just 1% of our buyers use search, we removed them. Alternatively we added a search within the top sellers page”.

34 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
marketopia says

Guys! Give them a break! Envato developers are working hard to make it a better website, and that’s one of the reasons why these marketplaces have been so successful. In a huge application with tons of visitors like this, it’s very difficult to apply major changes. I’m sure they’re doing their best.

You guys just managed what envato failed to do for years. How long did it take you?

But your statistics page looks pretty made up to me. Total amount of dollars spent is just increasing every second by 1. Also, the dollars spent for last month overall value doesn’t match with the chart. (6mio vs 11 mio)

Why don’t you put your referral links in? You can make a lot of money with that and your effort should really be revenued

Building the whole application took us about 6 months, but since when we launched it (1.5 months ago) we’re monitoring it and making improvements all the time. Even though we don’t even have 1% of the visitors Envato marketplaces have, it’s a very difficult task.

We’d love to do this for other marketplaces too, but the resources we have are limited right now.

The statistics are all calculated using the data you see in items detail page. Are those numbers made up? :) The amount that’s increasing is just trying to show the rate of sales in the market. It’s calculated using this simple formula (which is client-side, so you can see it in the javascript):

Current total sales amount = Last total sales amount calculated + ( Time past last calculation[sec] * Average sales amount last month[per sec] )

It’s counting all the extended licenses sold as regular licenses (because there’s no data for extended licenses sold), so it’s lower than the actual number. But it has the needed accuracy. About the fact that those two numbers don’t match…you’re right. And it’s being investigated. We are working hard on the release version in which data accuracy will be better.

We can put referral links, however, with the current affiliate system, and considering the fact that most of our visitors are already Envato users, it has no benefit for us.

40 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Egypt
  • Exclusive Author
WPFOX says

Greart work

185 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United States
FastNOC says

Guys! Give them a break! Envato developers are working hard to make it a better website, and that’s one of the reasons why these marketplaces have been so successful. In a huge application with tons of visitors like this, it’s very difficult to apply major changes. I’m sure they’re doing their best.

Building the whole application took us about 6 months, but since when we launched it (1.5 months ago) we’re monitoring it and making improvements all the time. Even though we don’t even have 1% of the visitors Envato marketplaces have, it’s a very difficult task.

We’d love to do this for other marketplaces too, but the resources we have are limited right now.

The statistics are all calculated using the data you see in items detail page. Are those numbers made up? :) The amount that’s increasing is just trying to show the rate of sales in the market. It’s calculated using this simple formula (which is client-side, so you can see it in the javascript):

Current total sales amount = Last total sales amount calculated + ( Time past last calculation[sec] * Average sales amount last month[per sec] )

It’s counting all the extended licenses sold as regular licenses (because there’s no data for extended licenses sold), so it’s lower than the actual number. But it has the needed accuracy. About the fact that those two numbers don’t match…you’re right. And it’s being investigated. We are working hard on the release version in which data accuracy will be better.

We can put referral links, however, with the current affiliate system, and considering the fact that most of our visitors are already Envato users, it has no benefit for us.

wait, is there an API here we can tap into? you must have had access to one.

i’m a little confused about your site. Is this a reseller system? i need to learn more about this. if there’ s a full blown api and I write my own queries this is a whole different ballgame. i’d gladly build out a site if I have access to an API. i saw someone mention one at one point but i thought that was one of those ‘coming’ things.

PLEASE tell me this is possible.

1603 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
cyzer says

IMPORTANT

Another search bug/mistake is: if you search for a “scary” it gives you 309 results. But if you want to filter it out by adding two search words “blue scary” it should give only projects which are blue and scary… but now it gives 3101 results….

Every word written in the search acts like a different separate search and stacks results in the same page.

Buyer instead of filtering by adding more tag words actualy makes it harder to find. This is sooooooo wrong.

As other have pointed out, not a bug, but it does this by design. For sorting by relevance, this makes a lot of sense. The way the scoring works is that items that have a good match on all words are higher ranked, but items that only match on one word still get included, but further down the list.

However, for sorting by sales/rating etc, you’re right, and it probably doesn’t make as much sense for it to expand the search results, but rather to refine it.

It’s a good point, and something to think about.

It supposed to work by relevance ? But it doesn’t look like it works.

EXAMPLE: a search words scary logo.... LOOK WHAT IT GIVES OUT IN THE RESULTS.

http://videohive.net/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=scary+logo

Results: Elegant Paper Logo?? , Cloth Logo? , Neon Logo?? , Corporate Logo?? , Pretty Particles ????

Does it look like top results have any relevance ? I dont think so, except the single top one, all of the others are just random logo projects. It shouldn’t work this way. Only projects which has BOTH words “scary logo” in tags, title, descriptions should be on top.

Maybe they wanted the search to work like this but this is totally bad decision.

If buyer will search for a very particular project like “blue scary logo” he should find as less projects as possible because he doesn’t need all the blue projects in results stacked with all of them which are scary and then all the logo projects on marketplace on top. What he needs is just those which are relevant to “BLUE SCARY LOGO”

Maybe if the sorting by relevance would actually work and the top projects in the list would have all those words then the search would be good, but now its just random and only the one single top found item has both of the search words.

maybe my english is so bad that you really don’t understand me.

I know that devs isn’t always aware how the search actually works because they don’t understand what kind of projects are given in the videohive search results, same as I don’t understand the search in themeforest and I cannot judge the results – if the items found using search is actualy relevant or not. And I can tell that in VH top found items are not relevant in most cases.

185 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
FastNOC says

personally what I ended up doing is running multiple searches. Starting as generic as possible. I used to drill down accordingly on the right menu after the initial search but I don’t see that now?

But he did explain how results are weighted and what type of queries are used if you read his responses. and they’re using a great way to query, i just think it’s not been developed out thorouoghly. When he mentioned this, it restored a considerable amount of faith in the future for me, because what appears to be a generic simple query, isn’t. but these things are complicated and take an enormous amount of fine tuning to make really work. But having said that, a good team can make this a very robust sytem. and the way he talks, this is what will be coming.

I don’t have a lot of experience with Envato, but I do with DBs, sites and infrastructure and I will say after reading his replies, if this really does get mapped out it’s going to be very nice.. on the flip side my guess is it’s not something that will happen fast because it’s not simple

this is what they use. it’s called a dis max query

A query that generates the union of documents produced by its subqueries, and that scores each document with the maximum score for that document as produced by any subquery, plus a tie breaking increment for any additional matching subqueries.

This is useful when searching for a word in multiple fields with different boost factors (so that the fields cannot be combined equivalently into a single search field). We want the primary score to be the one associated with the highest boost, not the sum of the field scores (as Boolean Query would give). If the query is “albino elephant” this ensures that “albino” matching one field and “elephant” matching another gets a higher score than “albino” matching both fields. To get this result, use both Boolean Query and DisjunctionMax Query: for each term a DisjunctionMaxQuery searches for it in each field, while the set of these DisjunctionMaxQuery’s is combined into a BooleanQuery.

The tie breaker capability allows results that include the same term in multiple fields to be judged better than results that include this term in only the best of those multiple fields, without confusing this with the better case of two different terms in the multiple fields.The default tie_breaker is 0.0.

5228 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+9 more
KingDog Staff says

Here’s the info on our API – http://extras.envato.com/api/

34 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
marketopia says

wait, is there an API here we can tap into? you must have had access to one.

i’m a little confused about your site. Is this a reseller system? i need to learn more about this. if there’ s a full blown api and I write my own queries this is a whole different ballgame. i’d gladly build out a site if I have access to an API. i saw someone mention one at one point but i thought that was one of those ‘coming’ things.

PLEASE tell me this is possible.

Yes, there is a public API, and KingDog posted the link of its documentation.

No, Marketopia is not a reseller system. It provides tools and statistics for ThemeForest and CodeCanyon users.

101 posts quanticalabs.com
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
QuanticaLabs says

There is something wrong with search results… I type the word “health” or “gym” to find my products (I won’t advertise which) and I see a huge drop like dozens of positions in search results (goes hand in hand with drop in sales). But when I change default sorting (Best Match) to e.g. Sales and then back to Best Match the list of results is quite different and my items are on the same positions (or similar) as usual.

by
by
by
by
by
by