5950 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Bump after 3 months.

Search results still not updated with half stars? This is really important because for any buyer doing a search, some depth comparison of ratings is a basic need. I guess there are huge number of items with nearly 4.5 which now displays as 4 stars in the listing page – this should be taken care swiftly.

565 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Coriiander says

nevermind

507 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

Bump after 3 months. Search results still not updated with half stars? This is really important because for any buyer doing a search, some depth comparison of ratings is a basic need. I guess there are huge number of items with nearly 4.5 which now displays as 4 stars in the listing page – this should be taken care swiftly.

Agreed. This is currently blocked by a major piece of search backend/infrastructure work which needs to come first. Something as simple as this shouldn’t be blocked by search, but that’s exactly my point why that work has to come first :)

This has not slipped off the board, we just can’t get there yet sorry.

631 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
UBLThemes says

Bump after 3 months. Search results still not updated with half stars? This is really important because for any buyer doing a search, some depth comparison of ratings is a basic need. I guess there are huge number of items with nearly 4.5 which now displays as 4 stars in the listing page – this should be taken care swiftly.

Agreed. This is currently blocked by a major piece of search backend/infrastructure work which needs to come first. Something as simple as this shouldn’t be blocked by search, but that’s exactly my point why that work has to come first :)

Any update on when the rating system is advancing from all that data you collected months ago?

5950 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Everyone here would like to know the name of dev who made such a backend infrastructure in the past :D

Sometimes I wonder if search results/sort orders are fully algorithm based or prone to manual interference :P

86 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+1 more
groupp says

Pertaining to ratings, if a user buys x product and then does a sale reversal, is their rating deleted? It would stand to reason that the idiot who steals something is also vindictive enough to rate one star just because they got the email to rate it.

507 posts
  • Located in Australia
+1 more

Everyone here would like to know the name of dev who made such a backend infrastructure in the past :D

That’s not how it works — it sneaks up on you in a thousand tiny increments. Then you see it and you kill it with fire :)

Sometimes I wonder if search results/sort orders are fully algorithm based or prone to manual interference :P

Algo only.

507 posts
  • Located in Australia
+1 more

if a user buys x product and then does a sale reversal, is their rating deleted?

Yes.

1263 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
Pricop says

if a user buys x product and then does a sale reversal, is their rating deleted?
Yes.
I had some issues with the ratings and as far as I know they are final and there is no way to edit/remove them, did you guys changed that recently?
507 posts
  • Located in Australia
+1 more

I had some issues with the ratings and as far as I know they are final and there is no way to edit/remove them, did you guys changed that recently?

There’s no way for an author to edit/remove them, but the buyer can edit their rating at any time via the downloads page — it’s been that way for a long time (perhaps forever?).

by
by
by
by
by
by