• Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Bump after 3 months.

Search results still not updated with half stars? This is really important because for any buyer doing a search, some depth comparison of ratings is a basic need. I guess there are huge number of items with nearly 4.5 which now displays as 4 stars in the listing page – this should be taken care swiftly.

565 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Coriiander says

nevermind

468 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • Australia
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
justinfrench Dev says

Bump after 3 months. Search results still not updated with half stars? This is really important because for any buyer doing a search, some depth comparison of ratings is a basic need. I guess there are huge number of items with nearly 4.5 which now displays as 4 stars in the listing page – this should be taken care swiftly.

Agreed. This is currently blocked by a major piece of search backend/infrastructure work which needs to come first. Something as simple as this shouldn’t be blocked by search, but that’s exactly my point why that work has to come first :)

This has not slipped off the board, we just can’t get there yet sorry.

631 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
UBLThemes says

Bump after 3 months. Search results still not updated with half stars? This is really important because for any buyer doing a search, some depth comparison of ratings is a basic need. I guess there are huge number of items with nearly 4.5 which now displays as 4 stars in the listing page – this should be taken care swiftly.

Agreed. This is currently blocked by a major piece of search backend/infrastructure work which needs to come first. Something as simple as this shouldn’t be blocked by search, but that’s exactly my point why that work has to come first :)

Any update on when the rating system is advancing from all that data you collected months ago?

5755 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Everyone here would like to know the name of dev who made such a backend infrastructure in the past :D

Sometimes I wonder if search results/sort orders are fully algorithm based or prone to manual interference :P

86 posts
  • United States
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
groupp says

Pertaining to ratings, if a user buys x product and then does a sale reversal, is their rating deleted? It would stand to reason that the idiot who steals something is also vindictive enough to rate one star just because they got the email to rate it.

468 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
justinfrench Dev says

Everyone here would like to know the name of dev who made such a backend infrastructure in the past :D

That’s not how it works — it sneaks up on you in a thousand tiny increments. Then you see it and you kill it with fire :)

Sometimes I wonder if search results/sort orders are fully algorithm based or prone to manual interference :P

Algo only.

468 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
justinfrench Dev says

if a user buys x product and then does a sale reversal, is their rating deleted?

Yes.

1245 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
Pricop says

if a user buys x product and then does a sale reversal, is their rating deleted?
Yes.
I had some issues with the ratings and as far as I know they are final and there is no way to edit/remove them, did you guys changed that recently?
468 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
justinfrench Dev says

I had some issues with the ratings and as far as I know they are final and there is no way to edit/remove them, did you guys changed that recently?

There’s no way for an author to edit/remove them, but the buyer can edit their rating at any time via the downloads page — it’s been that way for a long time (perhaps forever?).

by
by
by
by
by
by