• Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
CodingJack says

I deleted my ActiveDen portfolio

Why did you do that J?
Even it brings $50 each month, it will pay some beers. Can’t understand the logic into portfolio removing. Mostly in this crowded marketplace, where it’s quite difficult to have inside own cross-linking.

Sorry for the off-topic ;)

I had GreenSock baked into every item, and the earnings didn’t justify renewing the corporate subscription anymore. And after spending 3 hours converting just one of my components to Tweener, it just wasn’t worth the time to do the same for another 20 items.

6784 posts
  • Italy
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
doru says

maybe a “forget over time” script?

if item rating is older than a certain time period it has less influence over the author ratings. this may reflect author current star value and not how he was 5 years ago. (better or worse)

but this could get over complicated.

probably working on buyer experience should be a priority. (homepage, search, shopping cart, and other )

221 posts What dreams may come...
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+3 more
VideoMagus says
probably working on buyer experience should be a priority. (homepage, search, shopping cart, and other)

+1

1/ Joking or seriously seems better to talk about the Ending Point for Ratings…

2/ In fact most of the initial rating ‘manipulations’ come not from the Envato ‘real-bargain’ authors, but from a few anonymous aggressive buyers… tricky, greedy, crazy, depressed, unexperienced, shameless, competitive, terroristic, etc… Most of the more or less satisfied, peaceful and thankful clients just don’t care to rate the happy bargains and free support at all due their fast business or slow laziness…

3/ Every Envato author knows, that some adequate ratings come from a few positive thankful high-pro customers politely expressing some useful critics and a few semi-newbie users kindly asking for some free support and some freelance services… And they all would be OK without any rating as well… really needing only the comments search system…

4/ Anyway, all these so called ratings are subjective and not reflecting the real ‘priceless’ value of the Envato products, while all the buyers around the world know that 99% of the items selling by Envato are absolutely perfect or very good and almost free in terms of the global media market job / charge rate correlation due the hyper-strict reviewing and super-low pricing … IMHO just switch off that useless and painful rating system, and switch on the other mentioned useful and helpful options, please…

5/ In our everyday shopping life we are interested only in some comprehensive ratings from the really authoritative agencies and independent experts, ignoring any minds of any strangers and competitors…

Best, VM ;)

10 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Poland
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
CustomizeWP says

Hi,

I am sorry but this gets a bit annoying. I find absolutely no justification why it takes so long to itroduce new rating system. I feel really disapointed by waiting for eternity for what is so important. It has been months now since you have finished collecting the data. This is the most imperative, the most awaited and I believe the most urgent change to Marketplaces. So I (and probably most of the authors) expect you to stop talking about the progress and just please make some.

1589 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

So, do we get to see some of the reasons we got 1/2/3 star ratings? It’s been some months now and I don’t see any update here.

109 posts
  • Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
NenadVFX says

Sort by rating after some custom search still not working! For example, if I enter “logo animation” in the search box and then sort items by rating… first item has 4.5, second 4,8, third 4,3…

451 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • Australia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
justinfrench Dev says

Sort by rating after some custom search still not working! For example, if I enter “logo animation” in the search box and then sort items by rating… first item has 4.5, second 4,8, third 4,3…

This appears to be fixed in the new search engine that the search team is rolling out, so this should be resolved pretty soon. I have access to the beta, and when I perform the above search and order by rating, the first 20-ish pages are all 5-stars, followed by 4.5-stars, etc.

451 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
justinfrench Dev says

I find absolutely no justification why it takes so long to itroduce new rating system.

I know it’s been a while, but I promise, ratings is still important to us. The justification is pretty simple — it’s incredibly important we get this right.

451 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
justinfrench Dev says

Guys, check out the ratings in item listings and on item detail page, you have a bug:
  • in listing, the rating for the plugin is displayed as 4 stars
  • when you go to that item, it shows 4.5 stars (4.38 avg)

Quick follow-up to everyone that raised this issue. The new search engine that the search team is rolling out site-by-site now shows half stars instead of rounding to whole stars. The ratings you see in search now match categories and items. Sit tight, it should be rolled out to all sites soon.

1589 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

Please define soon..a day, a week, a month, six months?

by
by
by
by
by
by