• Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

Well, in this case, there’s nothing more you can do, I usually avoid this kind of customers. If they’re polite(and 95% of them are, from the first message), I help them even with small customization. The rest of 4,5% are difficult customers but once you are nice to them and explain things better, they tend to be very ok. The rest of 0,5% are the ones that we need to avoid, the ones that give 1* ratings without any real comment or problem :)

Envato has lots of feedback from the comments the users left on each individual item, I’m a little bit surprised they have no intention of sharing them with us, the authors. That’s bad business, but what can we do?

5542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Envato has lots of feedback from the comments the users left on each individual item, I’m a little bit surprised they have no intention of sharing them with us, the authors. That’s bad business, but what can we do?

Nothing. We as authors actually forbidden from the item rating comment data taken by Envato and that data probably helping them to make decisions related to Microlancer or even possible new services that requires knowing buyer psychologies through our rating feedbacks :D

Above is not a problem but that data is not utilized to come-up with rating feedback option. Personally I think the exact same temporary feature can be made permanent and the comment can be visible only for authors with buyer name hidden. There is nothing stops Envato from adding this feature which was already implemented.

1988 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+4 more
bitfade says

When it comes to ‘like’ system, the problem is not with implementation, it is about buyer’s reaction for such a big change. These threads didn’t address that particular thing seriously.
4.8 stars or 96% likes are both numbers, i don’t see much of a difference here for potential customers and huge majority of buyers do not rate the item anyway so not a big deal for them as well.

The difference is that, unlike 5/1, +1/-1 have the same weight.
5542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

^ Issue is not just with calculation. How can we convince buyers who yesterday rated an item 3 or 4 stars and next day they see their rating converted into +1 ? That’s where everything freezes without solution – and forces to take a big risk if we want to change entire rating system.

Also when it comes to numbers, it plays on buyers psychology depending on the trends too. There is no absolute reason to -1 only for worst items. For example, after settling with like system for 3-4 months, buyers may start pressing -1 to indicate 4 star equivalents.

PS: Regarding the AudioJungle like system, all I mentioned was not about +1 -1 but only +1 counts. Such system can work better on AJ; while none of a rating system will work better for TF :D

1988 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+4 more
bitfade says

^ Issue is not just with calculation. How can we convince buyers who yesterday rated an item 3 or 4 stars and next day they see their rating converted into +1 ? That’s where everything freezes without solution – and forces to take a big risk if we want to change entire rating system. Also when it comes to numbers, it plays on buyers psychology depending on the trends too. There is no absolute reason to -1 only for worst items. For example, after settling with like system for 3-4 months, buyers may start pressing -1 to indicate 4 star equivalents.
How can you convince buyers today that 2/3 are not good ratings ?

I believe most people are far more familiar with like systems than number based one.

5542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

@bitfade, we or no one from Envato can judge if 2-3-4 stars are positive or negative or even neutral. Because, while some buyers rate with the intention of just sharing their feedback, some buyers will do the same in a different way. consider the following 2 things:

- If an item has 100 ratings with 5.00 stars and has a serious bug that irritates that one particular buyer, there are high chances of receiving 1 star from that buyer. (as the buyer knows 3-4 stars are not sufficient to emphasize the issue – the buyer also thinks the previous buyers all those left 5 star as unfair)

- If the same item has 100 ratings with 4.5 stars with same bug, the same buyer may leave 3-4 stars.(as the buyer knows the deficiencies fairly reflected on previous ratings)

We can’t ignore the the above point of views and that’s why 2-3-4 stars shouldn’t be mathematically converted into +1 or -1 and those are not even neutral too.

( This subject consumes lot of time, sorry for occupying your time bitfade :) )

5542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Since the GraphicRiver is fully upgraded with new search, I just checked if it has half star ratings implemented. Actually that’s implemented in GR as of now! For some people, defintily this is a news! :D

1677 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Germany
+1 more
Creattive says

Since the GraphicRiver is fully upgraded with new search…

is there an official staff post about this?

5542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Since the GraphicRiver is fully upgraded with new search…
is there an official staff post about this?

Yes, here: (6 days back, GR completed)

http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/new-search-platform-update/111659?page=4#925203
1677 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Germany
+1 more
Creattive says

Thanks VF, I missed that

by