• Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
skyplugins says
Oh, and another thing, maybe the pricing sections should start with the highest prices (30-40, 20-29, 10-19. 1-9), and automatically on start up the highest pricing section would be visible. It would be really nasty if the first page would start with preloaders :))))))))))).

It’s what I thought when I saw DS’s design :) +1

755 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
skyplugins says
Oh, and another thing, maybe the pricing sections should start with the highest prices (30-40, 20-29, 10-19. 1-9), and automatically on start up the highest pricing section would be visible. It would be really nasty if the first page would start with preloaders :))))))))))).

The order of the sections could be random so each section could get the same amount of chance to be displayed.

755 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Croatia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
djankey says
+1
2114 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
fifty_tons says

The order of the sections could be random so each section could get the same amount of chance to be displayed.

The idea is to promote the complexe files, so making the sections random on start up would be bad for the advanced files. Practically, I’m thinking more about the first time visitors on FD. They would be more impressed if they saw quality templates, image galleries or video galleries rather than preloaders.
822 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Europe
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+2 more
wpbakery says
The idea is to promote the complexe files, so making the sections random on start up would be bad for the advanced files. Practically, I’m thinking more about the first time visitors on FD. They would be more impressed if they saw quality templates, image galleries or video galleries rather than preloaders.

This is absolutely true! That is what happened to me. I registered my account here at FD in 2006 but was not impressed with the site. And then 2 years later I have founded FD once again and now I’m here as an active member. At least I’m trying to be :)

2114 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
fifty_tons says

I’ve sent the link to this forum to the FD staff, I hope these things will be done :). That would be great.

1633 posts fueledweb.com
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
RimmonTrieu says

This is absolutely true! That is what happened to me. I registered my account here at FD in 2006 but was not impressed with the site. And then 2 years later I have founded FD once again and now I’m here as an active member. At least I’m trying to be :)

Well FD was launched around 2006 so there was no fancy stuff at that time

3868 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
flashjunkie says

great ideas guys, something definately needs to be done as the last two files i have uploaded have been on page 2 of the files within the first hour, i dont think this is fair, neither file got any exposure and guess what neither file has had many sales.

i guarantee if my latest item had gotten at least a few hours on the front page it would have made the popular items page this week but no :(

Keep the ideas coming.

Jay

563 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
LuizZak says

Damn great idea! :D

+1

5767 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Recently, I have posted an item. At the time when I posted, the queue was not moving, so I expected that one day everything will move at the rate of more than 30 per day. Today that happened and my new item moved directly into the second page. I am sure, it didn’t stayed on first page more than an hour or two.

by
by
by
by
by
by