• Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Europe
MonikaM says

I have to say that I actually sympathize with Chuckanucka’s point of view. I do think that even if the styles themselves are not a copy due to the techniques used, the previews using the same fonts and overall feeling show that here is a case of too much inspiration….

Agree. When I first saw this new file on the front page, I immediately thought that it’s too similar to Chuckanucka’s file. Sometimes it really can be a coincidence, but I can hardly believe that this was the case here. And this is not at all the only instance on GR.

I think every true designer should avoid submitting such similar files. A lot of designers here are able to recreate almost all of the top selling files here, and even surpass the quality of those files, but they don’t do it. Because it’s not ok, and it certainly shouldn’t be tolerated.

353 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
MonikaM says

Oh, one more thing. @vladedimovski … I guess no one here has nothing against you. I think you are a good contributor to this site and obviously capable of making great items. And I believe that you are as well capable of making unique ones. What I would do in this case … I would only keep those styles that doesn’t look like any other styles here on GR.

145 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
kamarashev says

similar yes but not the same.

28 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
adriennepalmer says

Ok so I do see a similarity, but I agree with the others that it is not a blatant rip.

I think that you may have just started a trend, which is not a bad thing :) Keep on producing great work and you have nothing to worry about.

I have a notebook with over 20 other ideas for horror text styles, it is not a narrow field.

Great! Now get crackin’ :)

2671 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
Chuckanucka says

I do have to criticize chuckanucka in one point: I think you should have contacted support first and create this thread only as the last option.

Perhaps, but I wanted to get second opinions before going down the more serious support/copyright route. I personally feel if you are lazy enough to not even pick some different fonts you deserve to be called out for it.

This thread has a brought a ok resolution – the fonts at least have been changed. I have still contacted support about the pricing inconsistency.

Anyway, huge thanks for everyone who took the time to leave some feedback, its interesting seeing all the different opinions.

488 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
PixelBuffet says

Anyway, huge thanks for everyone who took the time to leave some feedback, its interesting seeing all the different opinions.
Agreed. Copyright on creative ideas is obviously a very grey area, even here amongst creatives!

I think we’re all agreed on the pricing inconsistencies though. Please let us know what support come back with on that issue.

by
by
by
by
by
by