1312 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
LGLab says

But these new licences should be respected by all authors and all items, not just the new items. So the old items with integrated plugins should not offer them anymore even they paid for extended licences.

I don’t think you can legally implement that, the previous license still stands if you bought the item prior to license change.

273 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
pebas says

Again, I’m agree to pay the regular licence every time I use a plugin in my themes just for presentation. If any one of the buyers likes the plugin, they should buy the licence for that plugin. It’s fair… But these new licences should be respected by all authors and all items, not just the new items. So the old items with integrated plugins should not offer them anymore even they paid for extended licences.
I’m sure that your theme will gets low rating. If I were in your customer’s shoes I’d be confused. ;)

Agree and little more, we need to lose more time to explain where and how to purchase, how to install it, how to modify it (to be inline with theme cause we can’t include it) etc.

I will personally avoid that.

365 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
OrangeIdea says

Chaos, just a Chaos!

1529 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
collis Envato team says

Hi guys! Great to see everyone discussing the license updates. I’m so excited about them overall, though they are of course just one phase of a big project. We definitely know we need more individualized licenses and that’s our next port of call.

There’s been a lot of discussion about the use of CC items in TF items. This is clearly an important usage, and one which we will have at the top of the list to address next. At the same time, extended license sales on CC make up a very small percentage of overall sales. It is definitely something we are taking seriously, but I also want to reassure CC authors on the sales front.

Tomorrow morning (here in Australia) we’ll be back with a summary post addressing the various questions that have been raised in this thread. It’s fourteen pages and going, so I want to make sure community members can get all the answers in a nice concise format :-)

16 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
deckerweb says

Hi there!

Regarding CodeCanyon Marketplace the following licenses are needed: 1) From perspective of a buyer: Developer License, allowing the buyer to use it on client projects (maybe splitted into sections: 2 domains, 5 domains, unlimited…) Also ALL Licenses on CodeCanyon need to be overseen and maybe updated for the use with WordPress Multisite installations!

2) From perspective of a CC author: - Also a Developer license, see above! - A special “ThemeForest Usage License” for ThemeForest authors, with a special price! - Choose different Licenses per item, so Regular, Extended, Developer etc. - Bump the price of Extended License! - Implement a system that lets author decide whether or not the item could be used within in Multisite installations, regarding the license price especially!

Regarding ThemeForest Marketplace the following licenses/ changes are needed: —> nearly the same as above applies! —> especially usage for WordPress Multisite installs and multi-domain and/or client usage is neccessary —> a Developer License for (WP) Themes would be nice but for plugins it’s even more needed!

Applying these changes would BENEFIT ALL INVOLVED, Envato, all authors plus all buyers/users!

Also, reading your license updates, license landing page plus the FAQs really confused me!!! Still, after reading this stuff multiple times it’s not clear most of the times what’s allowed in real life and what’s not.

Especially for all things WordPress: REAL LIFE USAGE EXAMPLES for all Licenses regarding WordPress items on ThemeForest and CodeCanyon would HELP all authors & users/buyers involved. In the current state it always leads to long discussions/ debates because the essential things are unclear to lots of (new) authors plus users/buyers!

Thanks, Dave :)

1466 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

I really need a simple answer, if i buy an extended licence of a slider for example and if i want to use it in a theme that will be sold on themeforest i have to have permission from the author of that slider? And one extended licence per one theme that is sold on themeforest? Or am i getting something wrong? Isnt this the same since i have bouth 2 ext. sliders for my 2 themes?

I really need to clarify this since if we cannot use the sliders for future themes then we have to go into developing our own.

365 posts
+7 more
OrangeIdea says

I really need a simple answer, if i buy an extended licence of a slider for example and if i want to use it in a theme that will be sold on themeforest i have to have permission from the author of that slider? And one extended licence per one theme that is sold on themeforest? Or am i getting something wrong? Isnt this the same since i have bouth 2 ext. sliders for my 2 themes? I really need to clarify this since if we cannot use the sliders for future themes then we have to go into developing our own.

You need to have permission from the author of that slider, if you already purchased 2 extended licences (for example 2 days ago) feel free to use it in your 2 themes

1466 posts
+5 more
Anps says

Was already used yes… we purchased it some time ago. Thank you for clearing it up. Best regards

365 posts
+7 more
OrangeIdea says

Was already used yes… we purchased it some time ago. Thank you for clearing it up. Best regards

1 extended license(purchase before) – 1 item on themeforest. So if you have purchased 1 extended licence and already used it in one your theme – you can not use it again

1466 posts
+5 more
Anps says

Yes got it ;)

by
by
by
by