365 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
OrangeIdea says

Soon here will be black market, when Authors start contact each other. I already did that!

266 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Vasterad says

Soon here will be black market, when Authors start contact each other.

Absolutely true, there must be an extra developer license (regarding CodeCanyon) as soon as possible.

136 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
ThemeShaper says

Leaving CC use in TF items to private agreements is a bit of a minefield. With no rules in place what happens if a CC author withdraws their permission after agreeing initially? How will Envato react? (take down the item? ignore it as they originally agreed?) – also presumably reviewers are going to require some kind of evidence the CC author agrees? – what is acceptable?

I suspect this might have some impact on exclusivity as well.

‘You may elect to become an Exclusive Seller which means that you agree only to sell your Products through the Sites and not through other web sites or other medium’

This looks pretty muddy to me re the new rules.. allowing another author to incorporate an item looks a lot to me like selling (i.e. the author will be selling a non envato license to use the item) privately (other medium).

Very confusing as it currently stands.

24 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Located in United States
JaredRitchey says

Well here is another way to look at this. When I use to build VB apps long ago we use to purchase what are called “interface controls” published by developers that allow you to extend your product.

Back then, I’d buy modules and controls for our apps and I could distribute them as I saw fit because the people publishing these “addons” for lack of a better term did so as developer tools or under a developers license.

They specified number of seats in the license and you purchased accordingly.

This is in my opinion one of the options needed to clear up some confusion and if its something we can OPT INTO in order to extend a developers or multi site license I think I could sell more.

619 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
ChapterThemes says

Leaving CC use in TF items to private agreements is a bit of a minefield. With no rules in place what happens if a CC author withdraws their permission after agreeing initially? How will Envato react? (take down the item? ignore it as they originally agreed?) – also presumably reviewers are going to require some kind of evidence the CC author agrees? – what is acceptable?

I suspect this might have some impact on exclusivity as well.

‘You may elect to become an Exclusive Seller which means that you agree only to sell your Products through the Sites and not through other web sites or other medium’

This looks pretty muddy to me re the new rules.. allowing another author to incorporate an item looks a lot to me like selling (i.e. the author will be selling a non envato license to use the item) privately (other medium).

Very confusing as it currently stands.

Exactly.

Besides it’s in my oppinion themes should be completely “premium plugin purchased” free, making arrangements with plugin authors outside envato violates the exclusive author agreement, and therefor should not be allowed.

619 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
ChapterThemes says

Our licenses don’t allow that. Meaning, you can’t purchase OUR licenses and use them that way. If you make a special deal with the author, that’s fine.

That shouldn’t be fine if the author is selling the same item as an exclusive author.

266 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Vasterad says

Our licenses don’t allow that. Meaning, you can’t purchase OUR licenses and use them that way. If you make a special deal with the author, that’s fine.
That shouldn’t be fine if the author is selling the same item as an exclusive author.
Did you read previous posts of this thread? I guess not. By “special deal” he means permission from plugin author for buying e.g Extended License or a few times Regular License per 1 item on ThemeForest or a nice smile. Just agreements between authors but without profits outside Envato.

I’m sure you’ll say that “nice smile” is a profit outside Envato, but don’t overdo. :P

63 posts
    Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Located in Italy Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
Kronris says

Soon here will be black market, when Authors start contact each other. I already did that!

Absolutely true, envato you made a bad update, you can fix this by adding a “developer license” please….

29 posts FourGrafx
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
4GraFx says

Unfortunately i agree with Kris32 and OrangeIdea . I was preparing to release a new wp theme that use 2 plugins from CC when i see the changes in the license. I had to contact the authors and ask for permission. I hope we see a ” developer license” soon.

24 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Located in United States
JaredRitchey says

Unfortunately i agree with Kris32 and OrangeIdea . I was preparing to release a new wp theme that use 2 plugins from CC when i see the changes in the license. I had to contact the authors and ask for permission. I hope we see a ” developer license” soon.

Same boat I’m in and it could sink on me.

by
by
by
by
by
by