88 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
PixelPuzzel says

licenses may always be improved from the point of complexity, language etc. but you MUST do a “per item” license system. maybe i don’t want that all my items to have or not the extended license, just some of them. this kind of system MUST be done for the exclusivity of the items as well.

271 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Vasterad says

OMG this is crazy… we have been building a wordpress boilerplate that is strictly based on one of the CC plugins and we have bought an extended license for this plugin but we will be able to use this only for one theme?! This is madnes… two months of work thrown away… Thank You!

If you bought plugin before licensing update then you can use it without author permission, with old rules. For more informations read whole thread. Pozdrowionka. ;)

93 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
djwd says

OMG this is crazy… we have been building a wordpress boilerplate that is strictly based on one of the CC plugins and we have bought an extended license for this plugin but we will be able to use this only for one theme?! This is madnes… two months of work thrown away… Thank You!

Actually that has always been like that, it’s not what we’re discussing here.

5360 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

Soon here will be black market, when Authors start contact each other. I already did that!

Being exclusive means you can’t sell the item outside of Envato in any way. Heck, you can’t even give it away for free on your own site! Is Envato going to track every single usage of the plugin? No. But are you breaking the exclusive author agreement if you make a deal? Obviously.

1506 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

This is madness…. madness? no this is…...... :)

2195 posts
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
mpc says

Actually that has always been like that, it’s not what we’re discussing here.

Yeah but then I could buy another extended license and use it for one more product and now I don’t, I know what I am talking about… this has to be fixed ;/

For each useage of our boilerplate we were planning to buy extended license of the base plugin…

2195 posts
+13 more
mpc says

Soon here will be black market, when Authors start contact each other. I already did that!
Being exclusive means you can’t sell the item outside of Envato in any way. Heck, you can’t even give it away for free on your own site! Is Envato going to track every single usage of the plugin? No. But are you breaking the exclusive author agreement if you make a deal? Obviously.

Yeah but you can co-work with another author, so I would say I will give author XXX 300$ to use his file, and in the description you would write that you are co-working with the XXX author… am I wrong?

2195 posts
+13 more
mpc says

If you bought plugin before licensing update then you can use it without author permission, with old rules. For more informations read whole thread. Pozdrowionka. ;)

Yeah but I can use it once, and I cannot re-purchase the plugin and use it for another file.

5360 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

Yeah but you can co-work with another author, so I would say I will give author XXX 300$ to use his file, and in the description you would write that you are co-working with the XXX author… am I wrong?

You can twist it, bend it, and change it any way you want until it satisfies your conscience. But let’s call a spade a spade, you’re still breaking the exclusivity agreement.

2195 posts
+13 more
mpc says

You can twist it, bend it, and change it any way you want until it satisfies your conscience. But let’s call a spade a spade, you’re still breaking the exclusivity agreement.

I dont want to break it and I never did. I am just saying that it is possible to justify banding the rules. I hope that envato will resolve this very quickly.

by
by
by
by
by
by