691 posts
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 6
  • Beta Tester
  • Bundle Boss
+5 more
cooledition
says

So, to resume, all this muddle with the changes over the licensing system, ends up removing the only one that really made sense inside the marketplace. Crazy.

+1

And today an author told me that he give me permission if i pay him twice the price of the extended license…

417 posts
  • Author Level 3
  • Beta Tester
  • Collector Level 2
  • Blog Interview
+2 more
CodeScribe
says

So, to resume, all this muddle with the changes over the licensing system, ends up removing the only one that really made sense inside the marketplace. Crazy.

+1

And today an author told me that he give me permission if i pay him twice the price of the extended license…

OMG :shocked:

1642 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Featured Author
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 10
+8 more
fuelthemes
says

Just to clarify, I have already bought the rev slider plugin with the developer license before the license change.

Can I include it in my item?

623 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 3
  • Most Wanted Winner
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
kriskorn
says

Just to clarify, I have already bought the rev slider plugin with the developer license before the license change. Can I include it in my item?

Yes, you are good to go. Previously bought items have the old license.

113 posts
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • Bundle Boss
+5 more
djwd
says

Well since I sold my first extended license right after the changes, I take back everything bad I said about the licenses downgr…pardon…update, awesome job Envato! :P;)

745 posts
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
+9 more
josweb
says

+1

I do hope this isn’t the start of a black market!

683 posts
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 5
  • Collector Level 2
  • Exclusive Author
ChapterThemes
says

+1

I do hope this isn’t the start of a black market!

I hope it’s a start some real theme authors develop their own stuff

1313 posts
  • Affiliate Level 5
  • Author Level 7
  • Beta Tester
  • Collector Level 4
+10 more
LGLab
says

Funny because in your latest theme you are using prettyphoto, flexslider, vegas, why didn’t you code these yourself? Are you not a real author? :P

It’s the same for everyone, we buy/use ready code because it’s convenient, saves time, and there is no point reinventing the wheel :-)

745 posts
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
+9 more
josweb
says

Funny because in your latest theme you are using prettyphoto, flexslider, vegas, why didn’t you code these yourself? Are you not a real author? :P

It’s the same for everyone, we buy/use ready code because it’s convenient, saves time, and there is no point reinventing the wheel :-)

Not many people are proficient at all things! Some are better at design, some at coding etc…

44 posts
  • Author Level 8
  • Elite Author
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Trendsetter
+4 more
whoathemes
says

+1 … The main difference between what he uses (prettyphoto, flexslider etc) and CC plugins, is that they are for free (unless you “buy their authors a beer”) and the CC plugins are not.

by
by
by
by
by
by