1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
PixelBin says

Wow, I can’t believe they finally implemented it. I was waiting for this forever!

http://activeden.net/legal/licences

Thanks guys @ Envato! :)

308 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+3 more
BrianCoyDesign says

So if I follow this correctly I could buy a flash file to put into a theme forest template and sell that in the market place if I purchase the new license?

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+6 more
PixelBin says

Damn straight. :)

341 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
OXYLUS says

It’s nice to have another license, however it’s not exactly crystal clear for me what the limitations would be for a buyer. Say I set a template for ex. as resellable, won’t the buyer just be able to sell it alongside ourselves here and on all the other flash marketplaces ? I know this might be an extreme example, but let’s take a photo gallery for instance, if the buyer just makes a simple about and contact page = new product he can sell or not ?

I am considering adding these resell licenses to some of our smaller files but I think I’ll wait till things are very clear, because some weird things could go on. What if for instance someone purchases a popular template by say triworks and start selling it all over the web, then it won’t exactly be exclusive anymore, would it ? It sounds like a nice concept in theory, but I think it might prove difficult to keep under control and enforce, specially since the licence text is not exacly bullet proof and is subject to interpretation. Extending on the example above, what if someone buys that template, adds a general loader/intro and makes some tiny mods and then FD tells him he can’t sell it all over the place, what then ? I fear a lot of people might be asking for their money back and if they don’t get it, start sueing since the $ amounts would be worth the trouble.

Might be worth it though for small files like mp3 players, video players etc.

Cheers !

1914 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Canada
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+8 more
TPN Envato team says

I have my doubts.

370 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in New Zealand
Polarathene says

I’m not that great with licenses, what does this mean exactly?

If I buy a few of these on the envato network and incorporate them into a flash template, I can sell that template on flashden and the buyer gets those files as if they had bought them from the respective market place themself?

However I cannot make another template with purchased items unless I rebuy the license again as previously done. Nor can the client sell the flash site to more then one person or use any of the items from the market place incorporated into the template, other then in the use of that template.

Are they able to buy a multi-use license or such of the template? If I am not a exclusive seller would I be able to sell this template in other marketplaces?

12 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Mantikore says

I like the new licence, it works for music&video authors in my opinion, although it really might have it’s minuses in other cases.

Good work! :)

370 posts
  • Located in New Zealand
Polarathene says

I also think it is good for smaller items as well, is it the authors choice on what licenses can be used on a product? I would think in a big item situation like templates that you could split some of the money per sale with the items you incoporate, although that’d be restricted to exclusive envato items I guess..Would be good for the smaller items to keep generating sales with sub sales I’d think.

552 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
Mufaddal says

i read some of the ppl think it is good for smaller items then….......in future the queue’s will be extremely long and exposure issues going over the top….with the new license surely concerned

213 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
vaisnava says

I think % earned by the author for these kind of sales should be increased. Such a rip off otherwise. You basically lose control of your music.

by
by
by
by
by
by