321 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
squaredWeb says

Well, that is just not true i am sorry. Of course two threads are better than one per core, but its still only 4 cores and does not translate into a 100% performance gain, that is technically impossible since those 2 threads share the power of one core. Going by your logic would mean that an I3 (two cores – four threads) is exactly as fast as an I5 (four cores – four threads) since they both have four threads.

If you can show me one single benchmark where an I7 is 100% faster at anything than an I5 (both ivy bridge or sandy bridge and comparable cpu clock) i will be happy to apologise and take my statement back.

Oh and @ TE, if you dont buy the K version you also wont need the Z77 motherboard version, a H77 version will be enough since the only difference between H and Z is the overclocking support.

1188 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Smartik says

Thanks for starting this thread. After searching on google info about SSD I decided… Tomorrow I go to buy a SSD . :)

772 posts
  • Located in Hungary
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
aron66 says

I’m ordered my new PC 2 days ago.:)

Here goes the specs:
INTEL i7 3770 3.40Ghz BOX LGA 1155 ( same like u )
ASROCK B75 Pro3
CORSAIR 16348MB Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz CL10 KIT
GIGABYTE Setto II 142
CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 V2
SHAPPIRE Ati HD Radeon 7650 2GB

We almost have the same PC. XD

492 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+6 more
DoubleX says

I have i7-3770K and the performance is great. I have 2×8GB Vengeance DDR3 , but want to buy another kit. And also, SSD is a MUST HAVE ! And your computer will be fast as hell :)

tiberiualexander
tiberiualexander Recent Posts Threads Started
119 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
tiberiualexander says

That is actually not true since threads arent the exact same thing as cores. The difference between the I7 and I5 is way smaller than 100%.

Dude, when a CPU can assign a process to 4 threads, a CPU that can assign this to 8 threads.. that work at a sliiightly lower speed, it’s almost a 100% gain in unbiased/Bucketed rendering !

Cheers !

Yes, but it will asign those 8 threads to only 4 cores. That means 2 threads per core. The performance gain won’t be 100%, because those 2 threads on the same core can’t run as fast as 1 thread per core. Only a native 8-core processor could double the performance. So, i7-3770K is about 25% faster than i5-3570k.

1113 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
+14 more
3alisha says

That is actually not true since threads arent the exact same thing as cores. The difference between the I7 and I5 is way smaller than 100%.

Dude, when a CPU can assign a process to 4 threads, a CPU that can assign this to 8 threads.. that work at a sliiightly lower speed, it’s almost a 100% gain in unbiased/Bucketed rendering !

Cheers !

Yes, but it will asign those 8 threads to only 4 cores. That means 2 threads per core. The performance gain won’t be 100%, because those 2 threads on the same core can’t run as fast as 1 thread per core. Only a native 8-core processor could double the performance. So, i7-3770K is about 25% faster than i5-3570k.

..I am claiming this because i have been bench-rendering the same scene on i5 vs. i7 :( the i7 rendered it twice as fast.

tiberiualexander
tiberiualexander Recent Posts Threads Started
119 posts
+5 more
tiberiualexander says

Cheers !

..I am claiming this because i have been bench-rendering the same scene on i5 vs. i7 :( the i7 rendered it twice as fast.

You were just lucky. Usually, i7 is 20-25% faster in 3D’s Max 2012 than i5. Many real-life tests have confirmed that. Intel says that Hyper-Threading can boost performance by 30% in some situations.

113 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
ragzor says

why not buy the i7-3820(LGA 2011) and a gigabyte ga ud3(LGA 2011) its almost the same price and a tad bit better performance and I guess the future relases would be inclined towards that socket

129 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Europe
bobural says

if I were you I would buy 2 HDD of 1T and put them in RAID 1 so you would not louse any data if the hard disk fails… I’ve been there so I know :(

by
by
by
by
by
by