5 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
bowob says

Hello community,

In order to submit a new file to the Php Scripts marketplace. I wonder if the next two scenarios would be appropriate and will match the CodeCanyon requirements:

SCENARIO 1: File + service. Item contains an incomplete Php file, that needs extra developing to work: integration with the website. Item also contains an Integration service: an external developer will develop the needed integration.

SCENARIO 2: Only file. Item contains an incomplete Php file, that needs extra developing to work: integration with the website. Buyer must develop the integration by his own, following included documentation.

On both scenarios, the buyer ends with a fully functional script. What are your thoughts ? :)

5365 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Australia says

how can it be fully functional with incomplete files

5 posts
bowob says

Because:

In Scenario1: The included Integration service completes the file.

In Scenario2: Buyer completes the file. Of course, in this scenario the item should be much cheaper.

973 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
aaranmcguire says

Is this something you would offer support on when people are trying to implement this to there site? .. and I’m guessing its some sort of API type thing

5 posts
bowob says

It’s a chat software to be installed in the buyer website, and to be used by buyer visitors.

Chat needs integration with the website: nicknames, avatars, profiles, friends, ...

So (with scenario1), the item in the marketplace contains: – All the code to work, except of integration code. – Included service of a developer (me for example) that will contact with the buyer in order to develop the integration with his site.

Finally, after some days since the purchase and no extra cost, the buyer gets the chat software installed and integration into his website.

211 posts
  • Canada
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
KBRmedia says

Hmmm… Will you going to still guide them through installation or integration if they want to do it on their own? If not thats a bad idea and I dont think it will get accepted by CodeCanyon.

5 posts
bowob says

No, I won’t. Scenario2 would contain a rich installation/integration documentation, but wouldn’t include full-guide from my part, just the general item support.

So you recommend that only the Scenario1 will be suitable, because it would contain full-guide from my part: – Integration development. – And/or integration complete guide and support.

973 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
aaranmcguire says

Well, If I was you give your script that ‘needs work’, an example of how you set it up and documentation, if you want to also provide a service to integrated it into peoples site that’s your choice.

So in short a must is:
Script
Example
Documentation

5 posts
bowob says

Thanks for your response aaranmcguire, is very useful.

by
by
by
by
by
by