18 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Logomount says

Well, now, I decided to make a good work that will 100% be accepted to GraphicRiver, so I decided to make a big transperent gemstone collection (I was always a fan of the shiny gems, heh), so, it’s day 1 (can’t say it’s a day – just a few hours of looking through books on gems) and I started working on this project! And, yep, I need your help, mates, to get this accepted + if someone is interested in buying such collection and has some ideas – just write them in the topic and I will add what you want. So! As I said it’s a first hour and gem header looks not that cool. But that’s because I’m still working on back shadow colors of the gems and upper level of shiny edges, and I’m trying to make them look more realistic. If you have some advice – go on and tell me :) It’s just the first shape out of 20 coming – and I want them to be perfect and successful! (I will post updates here) Thanks for your attention!:)

1243 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
SomethingDesign says

Well, now, I decided to make a good work that will 100% be accepted to GraphicRiver, so I decided to make a big transperent gemstone collection (I was always a fan of the shiny gems, heh), so, it’s day 1 (can’t say it’s a day – just a few hours of looking through books on gems) and I started working on this project! And, yep, I need your help, mates, to get this accepted + if someone is interested in buying such collection and has some ideas – just write them in the topic and I will add what you want. So! As I said it’s a first hour and gem header looks not that cool. But that’s because I’m still working on back shadow colors of the gems and upper level of shiny edges, and I’m trying to make them look more realistic. If you have some advice – go on and tell me :) It’s just the first shape out of 20 coming – and I want them to be perfect and successful! (I will post updates here) Thanks for your attention!:)

Like your idea you need to work allot with reflection an refraction. Many of them are transparent and semitransparent and if you ask me I like to see them in perspective instead of top view because looks too flat for me. Also add some light in the shadow area. Something like that http://img01.chitalnya.ru/upload2/616/349913505837321280.jpg

75 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+2 more
UnknownDepths says

Logomount,

I think this can be a really good project. I’m curious to see the different kinds of gem shapes you will create for this!

- Nun Kwon

18 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Logomount says

SomethingDesign,

Thanks for your ideas, will try to make gems from other perspective and will add them to the pack! Now I’m working with reflections and colors (it seems to me I wont do the gems transperent); also, learning shapes of cutting! So here, my recent sketch – Emerald!

475 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
LuisFaus says

If you really want to make this a good pack, you need to keep in mind that they need to look extremely realistic. Remember to put reflections, refraction’s, shines, shadows, transparencies etc.. However I have tried myself do some gemstones and haven’t had much success selling them.

by
by
by
by
by
by