• Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Romania
4GraFx says

Hi guys,

The new template that i work on got the 2 rejection. After another day working to fix the issues i come up with the images bellow:

The template has 2 more pages and 4 more color variations but they are not ready yet. My reviewer was Ivor and the message that i got was this:

1. There’s still lots of inconsistent spacing/padding issues throughout the design. I’d like you to go over it with a fine toothed comb and weed out these basic design issues.

2. Overall template’s typography needs additional refinements and improvements before it will be ready for Theme Forest. The template will need also improvements in visual hierarchy primarily using typographic elements such as headings.

What i wannt is a fresh pair of eyes ( if u have the time ) to take a look at this images and land me a feedback. Maybe i’m missing something and don’t wanna get another rejection :P.

Thank you for taking the time to read this :)

27 posts FourGrafx
  • Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
4GraFx says

Guys, i will realy love some feedback, please. This is so bad that nobody wanna comment?

3 posts
  • South Africa
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
pixelBaste says

Hi 4GraFx,

I like your theme. I think your theme is heading in the right direction and you’re off to a good start. Its just small details that need to be explored.

In terms of spacing and margins, if you look between the edge of the page and the text (say left hand side by the Recent work heading) the space is very tight, whereas the spacing between projects is very loose (about 3 times that, but i havent measured)

Also under you latest posts the spacing between the body copy and the HR type rule is also very tight. Don’t be scared of the white space, give the copy room to breathe.

Then with regards to the type, there are two things that I picked up.

1) The Fast Clean and Modern is in one font (serif), and used once, and the logo-type is in another, with the site description also in a serif font. These dont have any continuance through the theme, so I would either use them more throughout the other titles to give consistency, or I would have these changed so there is more flow.

2) Many of your headings are the same size, and while this works with consistency it does not really lend itself to creating a visual hierarchy to guide the user through what is important in the site.

Thats what I can pick up when I look at the template with the reviewers comments in mind. I hope this helps.

I dont think your far from being accepted, just one or two small edits.

Good Luck with sales.

Also (and this might be my monitor) just check the noise background, as this is quite strong, but I think that is just my screen…

346 posts Gambit
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Philippines
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
bfintal says

I quite like it and I think this isn’t long from being accepted. The upper part of the design is great. However, I think there are some points that need improvement:

Visual Hierarchy – For one, the headers on the sidebar are too big. The links on the bottom of the header image look too big for me also.

HR in the bottom of the small image gallery look like they should be stretched to the right

Font consistency – the footer copyright and menu seem like they have a different font as the rest, I’d make them the same but smaller. The pipes that separate the footer menu don’t look nice also.

Color consistency – I like the orange on the headings, but maybe this might confuse some users since this is the same orange used in your links. I assume that the orange “Brand” in “Brand Design” isn’t a link. I dunno if dropping the orange part will have a huge impact on the current design

The “read more” buttons on your 3 main headings look a bit off somehow. Why is the middle one gray?

One last thing, I think sticking with one design element may go a long way. For example, take the arrow on the menu just below the header image. What if you just use that kind of arrow for all your other arrows and links. Maybe just make the “read more” buttons into links, then put the same arrow in those. Maybe put that same arrow in the “see more projects” and “visit blog” links.

Just my 6 cents :)

27 posts FourGrafx
  • Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
4GraFx says

Thank you pixelBaste and bfintal for such a detailed feedback . Already done some of the things that you mentioned and like i was suspecting i was missing some things.

by
by
by
by
by
by