382 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
blabus says
Cool, I’m using VB 2008 EE too, in prep for my computing course in september, i decided to get a head start. As practice I am making my own envato notification app. Just checking that VB has all the capabilities needed to load info from the Envato API :)

If you want I’d be more than happy to send you the original source project/files, so you could take a look at how it works. Just let me know. :)

4335 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+10 more
Reaper-Media says
Cool, I’m using VB 2008 EE too, in prep for my computing course in september, i decided to get a head start. As practice I am making my own envato notification app. Just checking that VB has all the capabilities needed to load info from the Envato API :)
If you want I’d be more than happy to send you the original source project/files, so you could take a look at how it works. Just let me know. :)

I think I’ll have a crack at doing everything and working out everything by myself, for the experience aspects. But if I get really stuck and google is proving no help, I’ll definately send a couple of emails your way ;)

12 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Soundsfromearth says

@ blabus

I´m running on 10.4.11.

382 posts
+2 more
blabus says

UPDATE : EnvatoUpdate OS X Widget 1.1 Now Available

I’ve been working on fixing numerous bugs, as well as doing some minor design changes, and now version 1.1 of the widget is ready for testing! Grab it here:

http://www.labusdesign.com/EnvatoUpdate.zip

Perhaps the biggest change is that the entire widget has now been rewritten to utilize JSON for the API , as opposed to XML . This should result in increased reliability, as well as a minor speed increase.

One thing to note though, that I found out- you may encounter this, you may not-

It doesn’t seem like there’s any easy way to clear the Dashboard cache. If you don’t do it first though, it won’t run the newer version of the widget. So, what you need to do is enter Dashboard, click the plus icon in the bottom left corner, and then click on ‘Manage Widgets…’ Then, scroll to ‘EnvatoUpdate’ in the list, and hit the red delete button next to it. And finally, restart your computer. Then, you should be able to install the new version.

And as always, I appreciate any comments, ideas, suggestions, bug reports, etc. :)

12 posts
+1 more
Soundsfromearth says

Hey Ho

your new Version worked for 10 seconds but never saved username and apikey now it tells the whole time account not found

382 posts
+2 more
blabus says

@Soundsfromearth: Unfortunately like I said, I have no way to test on a machine with Tiger, so it’s quite hard for me to even determine the source of the problem, let alone solve it.

I think if you’re running the latest version of Tiger and having problems, for now it’d be best to officially say that it’s a 10.5 Leopard-only widget.

81 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
petshopbox says

thanks @blabus. The widget works fine on Snow Leopard. Love the cool interface.

38 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
arunk says

Windows 7? iono if its already been asked for/said, but yea.

by
by
by
by
by
by