112 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Vlajki says

Guys, you are very right about reviewing process, but what Moretech is suggesting is: Design and code a theme, make a demo >> Send a demo to reviewing process >> If it passes aesthetically, he can then make item icon, design a presentation on theme page to present all the features of his theme(like 90% of the themes have right now), write and code documentation, make some video tutorials, etc.
It would save a lot of time because doing all of these things I’ve written above and getting your theme rejected because of aesthetic reasons is more than frustrating. You could use that time to make a new, visually appealing theme.

3448 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
KrownThemes says

^ All the things mentioned by you shouldn’t take more than one day :)

Everyone should stay in the queue.

42 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Europe
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
ThemesHolic says

Maybe I’m wrong explain.

I just want to say that I think there is no need to send the package to have a first feedback, it would suffice to have a form where you can enter the link to the demo.

3448 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
KrownThemes says

Maybe I’m wrong explain. I just want to say that I think there is no need to send the package to have a first feedback, it would suffice to have a form where you can enter the link to the demo.

And i’m saying that it would still take one week to get reviewed, so it’s useless.

87 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+2 more
MVPThemes says

I see what the OP is saying, but this wouldn’t save the reviewer any time since they probably just look at the demo first anyway. I think you’re trying to act like it would save the reviewer time and ease the entire process on them, but what you really mean is that it would save the AUTHOR time by not having to do all of the extra work that would be wasted if the theme never gets accepted.

I’ve been there, but instead of finding shortcuts, it’s probably better to focus your energy on how to come up with a unique product in the first place. Then, you won’t have to worry about whether you’re wasting your time with all of the rest of the work.

by
by
by
by
by
by