148 posts
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
loveetc says

Right, SEO stuff should be done with the plugin, but sometimes you need some basic stuff done. For example, I would like to integrate the Open graph meta in the theme so that when someone shares the post on the facebook or other networks etc, it does not get wrong thumbnail etc.,

Can I include such options in the theme that a user can enable/disable such things? I am asking this question because I’m not sure if according to the new rules its allowed or not?

279 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
PrimaThemes says

I think it is allowed. What you need to do is, make it compatible with other SEO plugin. For example, your OpenGraph meta feature is automatically disabled when your user activate Yoast WordPress SEO plugin.

951 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
+1 more
tommusrhodus says
331 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Europe
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
dekciw says

Can you include?.. Sure you can – use TGM plugin activation class and include everything you want.

On topic: pretty please, don’t do this.

419 posts WordPress Gurus!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • United States
ThemeBeans says

Personally I think there’s already some really good plugins that people trust – I’d just leave it to those plugins to save you the hassle & I bet most of your buyers will still use those.

17 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • United States
competethemes says

WordPress SEO by Yoast does this and basically everything else very well. I would either include that or recommend your users to install it.

315 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Europe
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
pixelgrade says

I think it is allowed. What you need to do is, make it compatible with other SEO plugin. For example, your OpenGraph meta feature is automatically disabled when your user activate Yoast WordPress SEO plugin.

This got me thinking and I think I will not introduce any seo options in my themes anymore (like open graph metas). I will make my themes SEO optimized codewise, but it is best to leave the options to some widespread plugins.

by
by
by
by
by
by