236 posts Marketplace Developer
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in New Zealand
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
madlep Envato team says

Firstly, thank you for working at marketplace functionality. Just 2 questions (maybe asked, sorry if so):

1) Search through the item’s comments, will it be?

2) Is there a search statistic for each marketplace? E.g. top 50 search terms for last month. This information will be really helpful to power the market

1) very, very soon :)

2) yes, we have that internally, but it’s more complicated to release that information. The worry would be that every single new item is stuffed with the top 50 search terms as tags if we did that, making search worse overall.

To add to alaja’s questions, 3) Can you integrate the search data with our analytics page? It would be very useful to see what people have searched within in the marketplaces to find my items. I would take the top 5-10 searched words/phrases and use them in my Google Adwords campaign.

3) That sounds interesting and useful. We’ll discuss that more in the team as an idea to look at.

5938 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Firstly, thank you for working at marketplace functionality. Just 2 questions (maybe asked, sorry if so):

1) Search through the item’s comments, will it be?

1) very, very soon :)

Great! :)

23 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
ZxxxZ says

Hope my issue was not missed? Results for ‘university’ are dominated by ‘universe’ and ‘universal’... Excluding terms in query would be useful.

http://audiojungle.net/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=university
3 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
Gomah says

Well, no more numeric searches? :(
Hi Gomah – what do you mean by that?

On themeforest.net you can still do something like that: http://themeforest.net/search?term=2918523

Not anymore on graphicriver. :/

Hey Gomah

Thanks again for pointing that out. I’ve just deployed a code change to fix that. It should be working now if you enter a search term that matches an item numeric ID

Alright thank you!

By the way the 3docean is a bit different now ? Some functions are gone, i can’t remember them but it was pretty different than the new search system.

Anyway thank you for this fix.

Cheers

michellerobinson
michellerobinson Recent Posts Threads Started
49 posts
  • Located in Australia
+1 more
michellerobinson Envato team says

Hope my issue was not missed? Results for ‘university’ are dominated by ‘universe’ and ‘universal’... Excluding terms in query would be useful. http://audiojungle.net/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=university

Hi Zxxxz, thanks for pointing this out – you’re issue was not missed we have it on our bug list. It is a result of having stemming switched on is very useful in some instances but can cause issues like this. will let you know when it’s resolved.

3431 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

Hi devs,

With the new search engine product ID-redirects in place, searching for ‘404’ redirects to item ID 404. However, this prevents us from having the ability to search for 404 pages. Maybe there should be an exception added? :)

(not sure if anyone has mentioned that yet)

216 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
grapulo says

Hello folks:) ?xample write “Jazz flyer”, and the result is that I been shown “Vintage Flyer / Poster Vol. 3” .... the logic???. Please someone explain to me.

michellerobinson
49 posts
  • Located in Australia
+1 more

Hi devs,

With the new search engine product ID-redirects in place, searching for ‘404’ redirects to item ID 404. However, this prevents us from having the ability to search for 404 pages. Maybe there should be an exception added? :)

(not sure if anyone has mentioned that yet)

Thanks for picking this up – we are working on a fix for this – will let you know when it has been implemented.

michellerobinson
49 posts
  • Located in Australia
+1 more

Hello folks:) ?xample write “Jazz flyer”, and the result is that I been shown “Vintage Flyer / Poster Vol. 3” .... the logic???. Please someone explain to me.
This has picked up a match on Jazz and Flyer individually which is still relevant enough to be in the result set but not relevant enough to rank that highly. We are working on better phrase handling which we can start implementing once we have the new platform completely rolled out.
216 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
grapulo says

Thanks!!

by
by
by
by