• Reviewer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Switzerland
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
matsteiner Reviewer says

Great to hear! What features will be worked on now as we have the system running? What can we expect to be ready first?
+1 yeah, that would be interesting!
87 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Europe
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
pantherius says

I updated my items’ tags yesterday. Can I ask how long does it take effect?

62 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Sweden
Stockwaves says

I just want to say I really like the new search and how it produces more relevant searches.

2047 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Germany
+3 more
Creattive says

so, no answers for my question, unfortunately :(

What I would love to see next is the category filter working on portfolio pages, too. Not only on the main site. I.e. when users come to my portfolio, they can see only motion graphic files if they want to.

This would encourage me to upload way more motion graphics without being afraid that nobody finds my after effects projects anymore.

2088 posts
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

What I would love to see next is the category filter working on portfolio pages, too. Not only on the main site. I.e. when users come to my portfolio, they can see only motion graphic files if they want to. This would encourage me to upload way more motion graphics without being afraid that nobody finds my after effects projects anymore.

I’ve been asking for exactly the same thing for so many months and still we see nothing of it.

2047 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Germany
+3 more
Creattive says

I’ve been asking for exactly the same thing for so many months and still we see nothing of it.

One could think it isn’t that hard to have the same filter on another page.

117 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
NenadVFX says

I don’t like new search engine on videohive, because “sorting by relevance” is totally oriented towards new files! Even if you type exact name of some item, some irrelevant/or low sales recently accepted item always pop up in front of it.

I’m not sure is new search platform implemented on audiojungle, but from my latest experience it’s still very painfully long to find exact what you need.

1469 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
Bedros says

Hey friends,

On the themeForest page, from the menu on top , by choosing Marketing > Email Templates and entering the keyword Responsive (the most searched keyword on the marketplace) gives an unjust result. At the results page , there 6-7 items from the same authors. And even I have a new item on that category none of my items listed. This is also valid for the other important keywords , such as Mailchimp.

Why the current Algorythm promotes the same group of authors?

I think this is unfair , and everybody has the right to be promoted. I wasted a long time on that file and now it doesn’t even listed in the search result.

And not even talking about the front page. The same user released Three (3) items in just three days.

1469 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
Bedros says

Hi, Envato staff ;

Please, respond to entry above.
Thanks.

michellerobinson
michellerobinson Recent Posts Threads Started
49 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
michellerobinson Staff says

Hey friends,

On the themeForest page, from the menu on top , by choosing Marketing > Email Templates and entering the keyword Responsive (the most searched keyword on the marketplace) gives an unjust result. At the results page , there 6-7 items from the same authors. And even I have a new item on that category none of my items listed. This is also valid for the other important keywords , such as Mailchimp.

Why the current Algorythm promotes the same group of authors?

I think this is unfair , and everybody has the right to be promoted. I wasted a long time on that file and now it doesn’t even listed in the search result.

And not even talking about the front page. The same user released Three (3) items in just three days.

Our aims with search are to ensure that the most relevant items are put in front of buyers so they can have the best chance of finding what they are looking for. We also aim to give Authors a fair go, provide every chance for their relevant item to be seen, we certainly don’t mean to promote or favour certain authors.

Getting this right is a bit of a balancing, we’re looking a various methods to tune our search engine effectively including continually tweaking the algorithm, testing and analysing site usage data. One of the key things we are aiming to do is reduce gaming by authors which is interfering with us being able to return a quality result set.

by
by
by
by
by
by