730 posts All things are possible, for one who believes.
  • Won a competition
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
TimMcMorris says

So I feel like a sales person with the amount of ideas I’m proposing lately, but I try to keep it to ones I really believe would improve the market place.

I believe it would be a huge benefit to buyers and authors if we had a “Similar Audio” category (see picture). Currently I manually do this to try and help buyers navigate my portfolio more easily (as you can kind of see on the left with the images), however as much as I like updating my pages constantly, I would rather spend that time making music :)

I think something LIKE this, it doesn’t have to be exactly this, would be a great tool to have available. Before long buyers would start to become accustom to it being there and it would inevitability lead them to spend longer in our portfolios as well as it’s a huge time saver for them.

If we could add 3 or 4 tracks in the editing page from a drop down, just like we do the featured item I think it would be awesome….and if nothing is selected, it doesn’t show the box at all. In this example I used music, but it could work just as well for sound effects and even other marketplaces really.

Empowering the authors with better tools allows us to further empower the marketplace.

Thoughts?

Photobucket

731 posts Plastic it's fantastic:))
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
plastic3 says

Great idea, Tim! And also it would be good, i think, if quantity of featured files on the authors page will be 3…

328 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
palmtreep says

Sounds like a great idea! :) +1

1180 posts 12 notes. Unlimited potential.
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
garethcoker Envato team says

One of the better ideas to be suggested.

+1

3919 posts After Effects Templates
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+8 more
miseld says

+1000

688 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+5 more
robGD Volunteer moderator says

In the upload submission form they could put drop down menus of your items and pick three of them. As long as the reviewers agree. Sounds cool.

693 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
OhmLab says

Another brilliant idea, Tim.

+1

289 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
rtofvnt says

Sounds very good. However … I start getting that filling that more musicians trying to be marketing guys than musicians.

730 posts All things are possible, for one who believes.
  • Won a competition
  • Located in Canada
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
TimMcMorris says

Sounds very good. However … I start getting that filling that more musicians trying to be marketing guys than musicians.

(sigh) * I suppose there will always be someone who must question the motives of others trying to contribute to the marketplace and accomplish good things for everyone. As for me, I don’t need the marketing…and if I did, the forums where the majority of discussions happen between authors and admin takes place would not be where I would be wasting my time.

Thanks to all for your replies so far I welcome more comments, suggestions / improvements on the idea, so at the very least this can be considered by staff.

922 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
jhunger says

IMO we’re all musicians doubling as marketers simply by the act of posting our music for sale on a marketplace. Call it what you will, anything that makes it easier to fit author’s works to buyers needs is a big plus in my book.

Great idea, Tim. It fits exactly in line with one of the points Daniel made a few days ago regarding what authors can do to help buyers. Please keep them coming!

—Joel

by
by
by
by
by
by