• Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
ADG3studios Staff says

Sometimes I copy/paste the tags from another of my items – it’s practical. Just tried this now and unfortunately it creates a huge box with all the words inside, instead of one word per box. So, while it does look better, to me it loses a lot of functionality. And I’m guessing for other videohive authors with many videos that are similar if not equal in terms of tags, the copy/paste thing was very useful. This just adds extra typing time. :\

If you press backspace after pasting a list of tags, the single block will disperse into individual elements. Not immediately self-evident, I personally agree, but it works for now until the issue is addressed. ;)

263 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
sightsignal says

If you press backspace after pasting a list of tags, the single block will disperse into individual elements. Not immediately self-evident, I personally agree, but it works for now until the issue is addressed. ;)

Yes, I discovered this yesterday but not without skipping a heartbeat first. :P Anyway, this is only true when copy/pasting from a text document where tags are separated by commas.

Like others on this thread have said, the previous UI allowed copy/pasting from another file’s tag box and that was super handy. This backspace tip doesn’t fix that… if I highlight the tags and copy/paste them I just get each word preceded by an x (ex: xgrunge xblue) inside a box… if I backspace on that box it just deletes it as there are no commas to be found and disperse the words.

I appreciate these tweaks on the site, I just wish they would be shown to authors before implementation, to prevent the removal of some kind of functionality all of a sudden. Regarding this new tags UI, a basic test page where we could try if this copy/paste thing worked would have been nice. And you’d get feedback before changing anything.

A while ago the upload button on the dashboard changed place to the left, not to everyone’s liking. If you guys had shared on the forums some image mockups of various options on the table before implementing them, I’m sure you’d get great input from the many passionate authors of these marketplaces.

That’s my sincere and humble wish for future UI tweaks, a bit more communication. :)

211 posts
  • Canada
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
KBRmedia says

I never realized it was so hard for people to count words or hit the delete button, sorry for not sounding too enthusiastic, but really, tags in submissions are more important than the huge list of ideas and feedback Envato has had over 6 years?

Totally agree with you.

209 posts Make art not war!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Honduras
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+7 more
EAMejia says

I never realized it was so hard for people to count words or hit the delete button, sorry for not sounding too enthusiastic, but really, tags in submissions are more important than the huge list of ideas and feedback Envato has had over 6 years?

+1 For example the review time, now is 7 to 14 days if you are lucky (in GR), definitely this change is killing me!

1092 posts
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
TanyDi says

I just uploaded an item and I didn’t see any difference in my tag box. Why I can’t see the new tag box ?

111 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
wallfish says

Neat!! Looks sleek and nice little addition! I haven’t uploaded many items yet but pretty sure I won’t need more than 30 tags :)

7279 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

Neat!! Looks sleek and nice little addition! I haven’t uploaded many items yet but pretty sure I won’t need more than 30 tags :)

there are only 15 on videohive :(

849 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
Rewroc says

I just uploaded an item and I didn’t see any difference in my tag box. Why I can’t see the new tag box ?

It works for me. Have you tried clearing the cache of your browser?

111 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
wallfish says

there are only 15 on videohive :(

Sorry, I read it wrong. My heads playing some game. Well, typically when I upload stuff I need around 5 for colors, 5 for shape, 7 for the field (category) and atlest 4 for the item name. Damn, I need at least 18 to 20 tags per items. Anyway, I will spend my tags wisely. With great designs comes lesser tags! lol

by
by
by
by
by
by