1159 posts
  • Located in Brazil
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+8 more
RafaelOliveira says

If you space/backspace after you copy and paste it will also break them into individual tags. Not the best solution, but certainly a work around for the time being.
Travis, the problem is that we can’t copy and paste tags from another item now (i mean items from our own portfolio)..for me it’s terrible..at the moment this is not improving, but rather deterioration for me..

Yup! We just need the copy functionality, maybe just a “copy tags” button, which place them on our clipboard.

3748 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+9 more
pezflash says

Nice :), but unuseful and not important. :(

2124 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

Yup! We just need the copy functionality, maybe just a “copy tags” button, which place them on our clipboard.

Exactly what I suggested (twice so far) but nobody responded yet.

5376 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

Sounds like a nice solution to me. I’ll pass it on. Thanks!

5944 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Sounds like a nice solution to me. I’ll pass it on. Thanks!

Either that or just revert back to old simple one and use developers for other major improvements. Please do not invest much time/resources on author-only interfaces. It would make sense as long as those micro-cosmetics someway related to buyer access / experience. But here, this is not the case.

Had to point this just because of years of postpones that happens to search improvement and similar important areas. Btw, is there a possibility of shopping cart ever here? A cart option with minimum amount restrictions like $20 would still be super helpful than 100s of cosmetic upgrades.

506 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

Hi folks, I haven’t read every post in this thread, but I hear you! Here’s a little context and hopefully a fix:

The tag counter was a much-requested feature for PhotoDune authors, where they will add hundreds or thousands of photos at a time, with the tags embedded in the photo’s metadata. When these tags exceed our tag limit, the authors need to manually remove tags from each photo, and they were understandably frustrated that they had to count the tags themselves over and over.

Unfortunately, we were eager to help these authors out with a small change and didn’t take the time to consider what these changes would mean for other authors in different situations. Sorry about that.

I think the simplest thing we can do right now is revert the changes ASAP (they were really easy to add with a plugin, so they’re easy to remove), and find a way to implement just the counter, rather than the overly complicated “tagging UI”, which isn’t necessary.

506 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

And it’s gone, for now.

840 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
YD-LABS says

Working Perfect.. 8)

7370 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

The tag counter was a much-requested feature for PhotoDune authors, where they will add hundreds or thousands of photos at a time, with the tags embedded in the photo’s metadata. When these tags exceed our tag limit, the authors need to manually remove tags from each photo, and they were understandably frustrated that they had to count the tags themselves over and over.

I hate to be that guy :) but the simple solution at the problem above is:

take tags from photo. -> put them into array. -> discard all tags that go above the tag limit.

But in any case I like the tags with the label feel and small x. Is a nice idea just need to be polished better. So don’t remove it for ever, just make it better

734 posts Plastic it's fantastic:))
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
plastic3 says

Thank you, Justin! We need a tags counter, but also we need a possibility to copy-paste a tags from other items..

by
by
by
by
by
by