19 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Czech Republic
+2 more
PrvyLukas says
I think the simplest thing we can do right now is revert the changes ASAP (they were really easy to add with a plugin, so they’re easy to remove), and find a way to implement just the counter

Something like this? ;-)

2140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

I think the simplest thing we can do right now is revert the changes ASAP (they were really easy to add with a plugin, so they’re easy to remove), and find a way to implement just the counter, rather than the overly complicated “tagging UI”, which isn’t necessary.

As a few of us suggested already, it would’ve been enough to add a “COPY TAGS” button and all problems are solved, keeping both the old important functionality and new cool looks with tag counter.

But, eh, who listens to us? :P:):)

1160 posts
  • Located in Brazil
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+8 more
RafaelOliveira says

I think the simplest thing we can do right now is revert the changes ASAP (they were really easy to add with a plugin, so they’re easy to remove), and find a way to implement just the counter, rather than the overly complicated “tagging UI”, which isn’t necessary.

As a few of us suggested already, it would’ve been enough to add a “COPY TAGS” button and all problems are solved, keeping both the old important functionality and new cool looks with tag counter.

But, eh, who listens to us? :P:):)

Nobody :D

507 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

As a few of us suggested already, it would’ve been enough to add a “COPY TAGS” button and all problems are solved, keeping both the old important functionality and new cool looks with tag counter. But, eh, who listens to us? :P:):)

I do, I did :) We may end up with exactly that implementation, but I’d rather not fix one feature by piling on another feature without first thinking it through. “Copy” is a feature provided by the browser/OS, implementing a feature to mimic this due to a flaw in our own features is a bad smell.

507 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

I hate to be that guy :) but the simple solution at the problem above is: take tags from photo. -> put them into array. -> discard all tags that go above the tag limit.

That was considered, of course. It works for some PD authors, but not others. A tag counter and perhaps a magical “I don’t care which tags you remove, just fix it all” button works for everyone.

1003 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
mudi says

For those who copy and paste tags like me there is a work around which I discovered accidently.

Copy your tags and paste them as you normally would. Then press backspace once, now you tags will be separated.

Cheers.

160 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+6 more
jordie says

I never realized it was so hard for people to count words or hit the delete button, sorry for not sounding too enthusiastic, but really, tags in submissions are more important than the huge list of ideas and feedback Envato has had over 6 years?

Agreed. There are so many things that could be done.

5998 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

I never realized it was so hard for people to count words or hit the delete button, sorry for not sounding too enthusiastic, but really, tags in submissions are more important than the huge list of ideas and feedback Envato has had over 6 years?
Agreed. There are so many things that could be done.

This is what happens when original post from staff doesn’t points the scope/origin of a new change and bluntly speaks about just what is updated. One of the justinfrench’s post clarified why this was given priority: Massive PhotoDune uploads requiring some ease with tag edit. That’s reasonable.

It is easy to assume that as long as the staff’s original post gives some hint about original issue, that means the change also meets the original problem. And vice versa.

5998 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Btw, could’t resist asking the question. Simply why you guys don’t have 2 different kind of upload pages for Photodune and other marketplaces?

Photodune clearly needs sophistication for bulk uploads which may even deserve custom upload settings (auto trimming excessive tags etc). Grrr…

7423 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Btw, could’t resist asking the question. Simply why you guys don’t have 2 different kind of upload pages for Photodune and other marketplaces? Photodune clearly needs sophistication for bulk uploads which may even deserve custom upload settings (auto trimming excessive tags etc). Grrr…

actually uploading on photodune is different than the rest of the marketplaces.

by
by
by
by
by
by