61 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
derektoigo says

Hi all, I’ve gone ahead and made some changes to the homepage (currently working on the others at the moment), and I’m looking to see if this is a little more closely matching to what you think I need to be aiming for. Please disregard the heavily contrasting colors for now.

Please see the update at http://www.derektoigo.com/assets/livesites/darklight/December14th2009

Regarding the spacing issues, if anyone could tell me if this seems a little better I’d much appreciate the feedback. I’m still adjusting the lower right column as well as a few other things for this page, but for now I figured I’d post this as I go. Sorry for triple posting and thanks again to all.

73 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
illusionem says

Hi regarding spacing issues, I am afraid spacing your logo wont help much, i suggest moving your navigation towards left and adding a top bar or a search box might help :)

61 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
derektoigo says

@abhin2cool – Thanks again for the suggestion. :)

Hey everyone,

So I heard back from my reviewer today and found that my template was again rejected. This time, the reasons given were the same as before, but now he also required that I adjust the width of the template so that there’s no excessive horizontal scroll bar beyond the bounds of the site content itself. I’ve adjusted the margins and paddings as requested to ensure that there’s no more spacing issues, but this particular area apparently is what still needs the most improvement.

Can anyone see areas where I need to make more adjustments to the spacing still? As far as I can see, its all fixed, but am I missing something else still?

current site – http://derektoigo.com/assets/livesites/darklight/December16th2009/

123 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
adam_robinson says

set the width of pageContainer to 960px … that solved the horizontal scrolling for me. theres no reason for it to be 1200px wide

by
by
by
by
by
by