30 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
parker says

Hi guys, Just thought I would come here for some Ideas. I am proposing to make 7 new themes to be distributed via themeforest. I have started the Brain storms for the 7 individual themes, and would like some more suggestions on what you guys want. The themes will first be available for Wordpress; and after all 7 have been completed, depending on demands and popularity, I may convert them to HTML templates or other CMSes

The themes will be named after the 7 deadly sins, but the latin translation:

Luxuria (Lust)

Gula (Gluttony)

Avaritia (Greed)

Acedia (Sloth)

Ira (Wrath)

Invidia (Envy)

Superbia (Pride)

So, What would you like to see from the individual themes, or do you all think I am barking mad? hah.

2529 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
+8 more
JeffreyWay Moderator says

I think it’s a neat idea to create themes based on the seven deadly sins – but I don’t see the point.

If I’m looking for a template for my client, who runs some fictional boating company, how will I benefit?

Keep that in mind as you’re building. Make sure that they stay as “real world” as possible.

698 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Croatia
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
segen says

Nice idea, but i don’t think it is suitable for themeforest. As Jeffrey said, there are many factors You should consider before creating and uploading an item.

What exactly will Acedia (Sloth) represent? If You can cover these names with suitable design and make themes more search friendly and usable, then go on, otherwise consider making some more “commercial” themes.

30 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
parker says

Point taken.

I was planning on Having lust, envy and Pride clean & Professional themes. Sloth, Gluttony, greed & Wrath would have been grungey type themes.

I’ll see how the planning goes; if nobody seems interested I’ll forget the idea and start something new.

171 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
clarklab says

Its a decent idea but I think I remember SmallPotato doing a seven deadly sins WordPress theme series.

1 post
cxp4 says

I am considering buying quiktab. If one day I want to go beyond its limitations, I would appreciate being able to switch to a more advanced version of quiktab. Do you think that’s something workable ?

As far as the name of the 7 themes is concerned, I don’t care as long as they’re great.

30 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
parker says

@clarklab: Thankyou for notifying me; I had a look, yeah he has already done this =/ Doesn’t look like he ever got around to finishing them though. Oh well, I’m all out of ideas for now.

@cxp4: I’m not too sure; Maybe you could contact the author of that particular theme and request an advanced version of the theme.

by
by
by
by
by
by