866 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
MichalskiMusic says

I’m having some trouble with my final mixdown using this. Anyone have any tips on how to get it to blend in properly? There seems to be some slight variations in pitch throughout. I’m stuck.

Dolla!

592 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Ghana
IsaacA says

Haha :D

Btw, the article seems to have some false/erraneous claims.

It says that the same watermark was in use since 5 years ago. However, I joined here 4 years ago and the old “Envato” watermark was still in use then. Only after some months it got changed to the “AudioJungle” watermark.

That’s news to me…

363 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
studio26design says

The only problem with the much improved watermark by Collis is that potential buyers will just download the preview versions of our items because the watermark is soooo good.

75 posts
Bmoosic says

I’m having some trouble with my final mixdown using this. Anyone have any tips on how to get it to blend in properly? There seems to be some slight variations in pitch throughout. I’m stuck. Dolla!

Funny! And so is… “Dolla!”

79 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
RFPML says

Awesome voice! We can cut alternative watermark?

160 posts
STproduction says

:D

1411 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
lucafrancini Envato team says

I vote for this watermark!! People would stop using preview files in their videos :D

592 posts
  • Located in Ghana
IsaacA says

@scotwills Where is the lesson you posted minutes ago? Was it deleted? I’m ready for the test! :)

515 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
JonBuice says

Hahah “buy your audios…” That was absurd, but a perfect laugh to start the day. I think there was a usable watermark in there somewhere…

2710 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
scottwills Envato team says

Haha :D

Btw, the article seems to have some false/erraneous claims.

It says that the same watermark was in use since 5 years ago. However, I joined here 4 years ago and the old “Envato” watermark was still in use then. Only after some months it got changed to the “AudioJungle” watermark.

I think you’re right, Dejan, the article may not be telling the entire story, but I’m sure it was not intentional, but even if the full history is not included, Cyan has been involved with the watermark since the very beginning. Either way, I’ll let Josh know, the writer of the article, just so he’s aware, thanks for mentioning it, Dejan! :)

So if any Marketplace purists and/or Envato historians are reading and were wondering, and if my memory serves me correctly, here’s the actual full history of the watermark:

• The original watermark was “FlashDen” when audio loops were first sold on our very first Marketplace, FlashDen (now called ActiveDen), back in 2006. Listen to an example. This watermark was recorded by Cyan.
  • AudioJungle launched in May 2008 and around that time we introduced the new “Envato” watermark. Listen to an example. This is NOT Cyan. The announcement was made here.
  • There seems to be a rogue watermark being used at this point and I can only find one example of it in the library so maybe it was a one-off test. It’s referenced in the announcement in the previous point so maybe an “AudioJungle” watermark was soft launched but then we quickly switched back to “Envato”. Either way, I found an example of the ‘rogue’ “AudioJungle” watermark possibly by Cyan (it certainly sounds like her), and used by Stefan, one of our longest-standing reviewers, you can hear it here.
  • Finally, around November 2009 Cyan recorded the “AudioJungle” watermark that we all love and still have in use today.

So that’s the end of today’s history lesson, but if you could go home and learn some of these dates we’ll have a quick test in next week’s class. ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by