4 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
tinnieboatmods says

sorry for the newby question but i tried uploading the theme x i downloaded in plugin upload but for wordpress running windows 8 nothing happens . just not sure how to install the zip file i downloaded

thanks paul

4377 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+6 more
Dzinc says

Hi Paul, welcome to ThemeForest! Please take a moment to follow the steps from the visual guide below, it will help you to successfully download/install/activate your WordPress theme.

Furthermore, for additional troubleshooting, the appropriate support section for your purchased item, if offered, can be found here.

Just follow the instructions provided in the link above to interact directly with the author, where he’ll be able to point you in the right direction. Your patience is appreciated. Thanks and good luck.

4 posts
tinnieboatmods says

hi Dzinc thankyou for the quick reply , and easy to read guide. have done exactly that but not having much luck lol. getting an error message

The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

will look into it thanks paul

5561 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

For that upload_max_filesize php error, you may want to talk to your web host about. I had the same error and needed to get my web host to increase my upload size – http://wordpress.org/support/topic/import-large-wordpress-xml-file?replies=6#post-721905

Hope that helps :)

4 posts
tinnieboatmods says

thanks kingdog , have sent them a request and see what happens…ive seen you can do it yourself but i would most likely stuff it up so will let them do it lol

crabby

23 posts
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
THEMECO says

Hi Paul,

Should you need any further assistance (and if you haven’t done so already), feel free to register for access to our support and member center. Cheers!

Thanks Dzinc and Travis for assisting :)

4 posts
tinnieboatmods says

thanks guys , would of posted earlier but only allowed 3 a day . got it installed but got a long way to go to work it out as a newby. i have made a start at www.tinnieboatmods,com wut was hoping to install a demo version and tweak it a bit to suit so i could get the hand of it. i imported the.jsn file but nothing changes in the layout. will join the forum and see if we can get it to work

thanks for your help much appreciated paul

8 posts
skrezyna says

Dzinc,

I installed WordPress 3.9.1 to my server but when I go into Word Press site to add/upload my theme it doesnt give me the option.It appears it will only allow me to change to another free theme but will allow me to Go Premium but I already bought Inviticus from themeforest, which Im trying to install. Any ideas?

1350 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

Dzinc, I installed WordPress 3.9.1 to my server but when I go into Word Press site to add/upload my theme it doesnt give me the option.It appears it will only allow me to change to another free theme but will allow me to Go Premium but I already bought Inviticus from themeforest, which Im trying to install. Any ideas?

Sounds like you have a blog hosted with wordpress.com, you need a self-hosted WordPress install instead.

http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/self-hosted-wordpress-org-vs-free-wordpress-com-infograph/
8 posts
skrezyna says

Thanks Tommus. I’ll try to get this changed up/

by
by
by
by
by
by